Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cannondale LEFTY repair
  • pjbarton
    Free Member

Anyone know who’s good at fixing Leftys? Maybe in the Peak (or manchester / sheffield).

It’s for my old Rush 26″ that I’ve 1×10’d and 650b’d and generally looked after and made good – only to have a weird 10ºish flop/rotation failure. 🙁

Of course if someone has had a similar issue and knows what’s what, I’d be keen to learn

qwerty
    Free Member

Isn’t Lloyd @ Qwerty Cycles supposed to be top banana at this sort of thing?

monksie
    Free Member

Cookson’s Cyles in Prestwich (Manchester). Highly recommended.

DanW
    Free Member

TF Tuned were quick, cheap and really helpful for me

ratherbeintobago

Cookson’s Cyles in Prestwich (Manchester). Highly recommended.

Really? They’re not a Cannondale dealer, and Leisure Lakes in Bury can’t service Leftys (they have to be sent to the confusingly-named Nottingham branch). They’re also in Whitefield, which isn’t exactly Prestwich.

pjbarton
    Free Member

thanks, i’ll contact qwerty and ask them

Harry_the_Spider

Really? They’re not a Cannondale dealer,

I wouldn’t be surprised though as the chaps in the workshop are pretty good.

ratherbeintobago

I wouldn’t be surprised though as the chaps in the workshop are pretty good.

There are a load of funny tools required. If they’re not a dealer, I’d be surprised if it’s worth their while. tbh.

DJs in Holcombe Brook told me he was the only person locally who could service them (from when he worked in LL) but that he didn’t have the tools either.

shaudy
    Free Member

Hi, we would send Lefty’s off for any work. TF tuned for newer than 2007 (I think). Older we either use Graham at Paligap, or Thumbprint tuning.
    Turn around time never seems to be quick, at a guess I would say two weeks minimum. Feel free to drop me an email or pop in if you have any questions!
    Thanks, Shaun.
    Cookson Cycles

DanW
    Free Member

You book a date with TF and get it back the next day. Can’t ask for much more than that! Waiting times are typically pretty short as a result which is a huge plus for me

pjbarton
    Free Member

TF said it’s too old. recommended graham at paligap.

I’ve found the issue – took the boot off, two of the four bearing races have come off / dropped down. All looks clean though. Might do some more dismantling.

PB

z1ppy

I’ve always used Thumbprint tuning, though it looks like Tony now works with/through Xodus Bike Worxs

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale LEFTY repair’ is closed to new replies.