Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cannondale Lefty – Any good????????
  • stompy

Never ridden one, was just wondering if they are actually up to much??

peteimpreza

Yes, bloody brilliant.

What else would you like to know?

stompy

Is it going to rain tomorrow??

cyclistm
    Free Member

I expect so, yes.

peteimpreza

It' snowing in Maribor.

It will rain some where tomorrow.

Mail me if you have any specific questions re the Lefty.

rustielookinchain
    Free Member

I like them. Good solid construction, I get mine serviced once a year at thumbprint tuning (normally after a peaks winter!) but someone with a bit more time than me could do it themselves. nice plush ride,light for the travel, stiff – everything i want out of a sus fork. Awesome mud clearence at mountain mayhem!

genesis
    Free Member

Love mine, Cannondale now do them in a 'normal' size steerer too. Best thing is TF are now the service centre for them, but I have learnt to do my own – not difficult tbh. Mine are about 4.5yrs old and just have been the most durable forks I've ever run.

stompy

Cheers guys. I always look at them and think that they could never be that stiff and they just look as though you'd be constantly trying to counteract it pulling left (obviously this is not true as they seem to be a proven design)

I'm keen to have a go…..

peteimpreza

Where do you live?

stompy

I'm up in Lincs mate…

peteimpreza

Ahh a bit far from me to offer you a test ride.

stompy

Abit mate but cheers 🙂

genesis
    Free Member

How many nuts are there on your car holding the hub onto the strut? One. So why would a Lefty be any less stiff or strong in proportion?

Garry_Lager

I like them – been riding them for ages so it seems like the natural fork for my bikes, I've actually never ridden a standard short travel fork. They are absolutely as stiff as a board – this is probably the main selling point (although strictly speaking I don't have anything to compare it with myself). It's the type of fork that is really suited to a short-ish travel XC bike IMO, something like 100mm. Think you can get longer travel leftys – not tried them though.

They need to be looked after, and are a lot more difficult to work on than your typical fork. I used to think that this was a real hassle, but the flip side is that they are very durable. They last years if you keep them maintained. Tony at thumbprint can get a first generation lefty from ten years back working flawlessly.

They're also pretty cool from an innovation pov. Seems like the bike industry is big on boolshiet marketing non-ideas, and short on real engineering ideas to try things differently. CDale have come up with a decent, new idea that works, and actually stuck with it. I like that.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Lefty – Any good????????’ is closed to new replies.