Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cannondale Jekyll carbon. Are they any good because you don't see many out?
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

Seen some killer deals on last years carbon models and just wondering why you don’t see many on the trails?
    Is it the pull shock which puts people off?
    Be nice to hear some reviews from owners (good or bad).

kimbers

Mate has one for racing ebduros he’s very fast pull shock seems to work well good angles and its lasted well he’s quite hard on kit.
    Bearings were a pita to repkace he had to buy specific tools for it

jim25

I demo’d a carbon lefty jekyll. Rode very nice. Would even say one of the bestest and funnest bikes I’ve riden.
    But it was 5k+ so guess not everyone wants to pay that money for the unknown lefty and pull shock

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Everyone I know who have tried them really rate them.

darrenspink
    Free Member

I thought this recently, you would think that a world wining bike would be more popular, looks the dogs bollox as well. 5k of course.

Mugboo

I recently had the pleasure of chasing 5 fast locals from Semnoz to Annecy. 3 of them were on Jekylls and they certainly rode them hard and fast 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

A mate works in a shop that sells cannondale bikes and said the lead times on them are fairly ridiculous, although he would be getting it at trade so presumably would have to wait for there to be a surplus in stock?

Garry_Lager

I have an alu one – excellent bike, although I feel like I use only a fraction of its potential, would assume the carbon frame is better still. I didn’t think there was any question of its quality, tbh, given the success its had on the enduro scene – but it’s true you don’t see many of them out in the UK day to day.

Part of the reason prob down to typical CDale mountain bike pricing – you get a fantastic frame with a bag of shite hanging off it. Mine came with a bottom of the range fox talas and a v mediocre wheelset, for example. You’re paying serious money to get a well-appointed jekyll.

You can put your mind at rest over the pull shock, for a certainty. Great concept and works flawlessly IME. That was also the consistent message I got from researching the bike purchase on places like mtbreview.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Alloy Jekyll owner here and apart from the useless Magura brakes on mine, is a nice bit of kit and very happy with it. Lets hope my birthday allows me some cash to swop them out. My first ‘Dale and wont be the last. Carbon is just going to be lighter, but it rides lighter than it is, if that makes any sense.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Can you get frame only?

bspoked
    Free Member

More of a dogs dinner than dogs bollocks when it comes to looks.

Doesn’t mean it doesn’t ride well.

Given that it is American and a large brand, doesn’t mean it is vfm.

Northwind

Yo dawg, I heard you like suspension so I put a shock on your shock…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A mate of mine got the trigger and was reassured on the pull shock as I think there is at least another one available aftermarket. Otherwise regardless of how good the frame is, it’s off the list for lack of replaceable main part.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Seems to be that those who don’t like them are judging them on looks and generally they seem to be quite highly rated.
    Might not get a pass for a new bike this year but I’ll be seriously tempted if there are any reduced in 2015.

asc70
    Free Member

had a jekyll and now got a trigger 29er ,both have been excellent and the shocks have been no problem,a mate has the jekyll that is now nearly 3 yrs old still going strong after one set of shock bushings.both bikes have been used in the alps and used on a regular basis in the uk.excellent bikes

choppersquad
    Free Member

I only started looking at them as they were about 50% off.
    Didn’t really know anything about them and expected some horror stories which would explain why they were so reduced.
    Got to say I’m pleasantly surprised that they sound good.
    I’m even starting to like the idea of a lefty (even though it really does look like it shouldn’t work).

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Jekyll carbon. Are they any good because you don't see many out?’ is closed to new replies.