Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cannondale headset stepped down to 1 1/8"
  • montgomery
    Free Member

Got a s/h 2012 Cannondale frame I’m thinking of building into a low maintenance winter bike, using an old set of forks with a straight 1 1/8″ steerer. I’m assuming, based on this Hope info, that their Type 4 upper and Type D lower cups are what I need – anybody else done this, or used a cheaper alternative?

Jakester
    Free Member

I have an Intense frame which is 1.5 and which has a converter headset in it, so yep, it’s entirely do-able. I *think* it’s an FSA one.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I did similar, only I had a tapered fork. I got the headset from Triton cycles who were great with advising what I needed.

I think you need this:

https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/components-c9/headsets-c79/headshok-to-1-1-8-headset-p18904

But if you drop them an email they will confirm.

HTH

granny_ring

I might have a stepdown headset in the spares box if you’re interested?

montgomery
    Free Member

Yes, trying to do it on the cheap so any decent offers considered. Thanks for Triton info above, have sent them a question.

granny_ring

Ok I’ll have a butchers.

granny_ring

Yes I have, email me and I’ll send pic over.

montgomery
    Free Member

Closure is good so, in case this post comes up in other people’s search queries: I looked at various options and ended up going for a specific Cannondale item, the HD232 Reducer headset, which seems pretty reasonable at £30. It came two days later, seems nice enough; upper bearing cup sits entirely within headtube, lower has a more traditional style outer cup (not sure why, really, but there y’go).

Dickyboy

Might be interested in your original lower cup – I’m looking to change a cannondale frame back to std….

montgomery
    Free Member

Don’t have it, I’m afraid – sent you a PM.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale headset stepped down to 1 1/8"’ is closed to new replies.