Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cannondale F29 fault?
  • herodirt22
    Free Member

Hi guys… Anybody else here had problems with an F29 frame break?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Frames break, not always a fault.

A little more info?…….

matt_outandabout

Indeed, more info please before we sharpen pitchforks comment in a measured way.

herodirt22
    Free Member

My F29 frame has a break in it arount the seatpost/top tube junction. ANother guy on the trail said that he used to work for a very big Cannondale dealer. They apparently had ‘loads’ of these breaking in the same place, but apparently Cannondale didn’t accept that there was/is a problem? often refused warranty on fatuous basis. I’m worried about any potential issue with my claim… It’s hardly been used!

peteimpreza

Welcome to the forum .

What does the shop you bought it from say ?

herodirt22
    Free Member

Rutland Cycles… Just heard back today (10 days after initial contact) and apparently Cannondale want the whole bike back?!?

matt_outandabout

They will want to inspect it and check over why it has failed. While frustrating, it is the reasonable process that you will need to go through.

herodirt22
    Free Member

You say that. But not all manufacturers insist on it. If what I’v ebeen told is true, and it is a known (if not acknowledged) fault then they need to do something about it.

Yak

Whether there is an alleged known fault or not, your bike has an issue and now you need to return it. Nothing unusual there.

khani
    Free Member

You can’t moan that they want to look at it, they’ll check the seatpost marks to see if it’s been inserted into the frame to the minimum depth and check the frame for any manufacturing defects,
    If they knock you back after that and you disagree then it’s time to argue/flame/name and shame,
    Now is not that time, now is the time to be honest and polite..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale F29 fault?’ is closed to new replies.