Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cannondale F-SI race hardtails.
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

Looking at getting a Cannondale F-SI 2 or 3 as my race bike for this year. Anyone got much experience with these or previous years versions? How do they stack up against some of the competition? I only have a choice between Cannondale and Trek, mind.

Any ball ache issues relating to them? Nice to race on I presume? They do seem a bit over priced even with my hefty discount, that’s the only thing holding me back.

Cheers!

parkesie
    Free Member

If its anything like the f29 they are fast light and surprisingly comfy. The lefty fork is a peach on them aswell.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Cheers. Was that last year’s model? Or the year before? Never ridden the lefty myself but I’m expecting great things!

Painey
    Free Member

Pretty much what Parksie says. I’ve got an f29 carbon and love it. Lefty is awesome. Bottom bracket not so much as you’ll get through bearings. Headset seized once too and was a pain to sort.

But it’s s great bike to ride. Done a few races on it too, does a good job of combining a decent race bike with something you can have fun on for hours.

jonnyrockymountain

I’d have a serious look at the new trek procaliber

parkesie
    Free Member

F29 is the old version. Changed to fsi 2 years ago i think.
    The treks are pretty well speced but no lefty. 🙂 i didnt like the fit of the trek compared to the dale but thats purely down to my personal preference.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

FSI owner here, had a “team” last year and a “black Inc” this year. Brilliant bikes. Extremely light and great to ride.

The made difference between the older F29 and the FSI is the geometry, The FSI has a slacker head angle and is a little shorter. This means the bikes climbs like a race bike but its when you start descending it really comes into its own! Its very nimble and deals with steep stuff very well with out leaving you feeling like your going to go over the bars.

The FSI is also has Cannondale’s newest lefty fork, its a fantastic fork and when working feels like the best fork I have ever had the opportunity to use. However does take some regular maintenance with bearing re-sets here and there.

Over all if your after a light XC bike that’s fast yet still a hoot to ride on the rough stuff then the FSI is the machine!

lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

I have the Cannondale Flash Hi mod carbon 26 incher which I bought used back in 2013. I think it is the 2011 model. Stunning bike and very fast. I am a road cyclist and use this for all my winter training. I do go off road a bit and the front lefty fork is incredibly smooth. Weighs in at about 16 lb. Will not hesitate to upgrade to the latest FSI version when one comes along at the right price.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I’d have a serious look at the new trek procaliber

Yeah just had a look at the 9.8 pro cal there. Seems the same price and possibly marginally better spec. Does the dale take it overall because of the lefty though??

And it will be for marathon and 24 hour racing. I’m used to 24 solo on a hardtail, mind 😉 .

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Cheers for the other replies too! I’m sooo close to ordering the FSI 2.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale F-SI race hardtails.’ is closed to new replies.