Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cannondale dented – to ride or not to ride?
  • gingermike
    Free Member

Just found a ding on the downtube of my ’03 cannondale scalpel, just above the bb. Before I take it to the lbs I thought I’d see if any of you guys had ridden on anything similar and had any views on how it might hold up. I ride xc and dont do anything it wasn’t designed for – I should probably be more concerned about the aging carbon flexing at the back end..

Mike

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/74884286@N04/6738184635/

STATO
    Free Member

Thats nowt, a ding not a dent, ignore and carry on.

coogan
    Free Member

Looks alright to me. I had a bigger one on my old Turner and it bounced it’s way around for years home and abroad.

Garry_Lager

Probably be OK – I had a similar dent on a scalpel on the top side of the downtube and it was fine for a few years of riding. Mine was a bit higher up thinking about it but your’s still seems quite separated from the bb.

timbur
    Free Member

Get on and ride it!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

That looks fine. My mate’d got an old Patriot and it’s got a huge dent in the headtube and the joints there. All is well and has been for quite a while. Ride it!

jamiew84
    Free Member

got 4 bigger ones on the bottom of my kona. as long as its not holed, i wouldnt panic.

gingermike
    Free Member

Cheers guys, game on

brooess
    Free Member

My 2003 F800 had a ding bigger than that, which I put in overtightening the front derailleur mount. No problems at all

accu
    Free Member

no problem..my 2003 gemini had several serious dings after years of abuse..never had any issues with it..

andy7t2
    Free Member

i’ve got a few like that on down tube nothing happened yet carry on fella

mashiehood
    Free Member

you will hurt yourself if you ride that, best to strip it and give the frame to me so I can dispose of it in a safe manner!

schmiken

I’ve got a massive dent on the TT of my Inbred, but then again it’s just scaffolding pipes so no worries!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

the bottom of my Enduro looked far worse then that yet it survived numerous Alps trips with me and is still going strong by another owner.

Ride it and don’t worry.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Thats nowt that chief just ride it,no one would be able to get it out anyway,you cant get behind it! ,theyd only fill n paint then its still there isnt it. !,sometimes a car dent removal man would help but as i say hed need to get behind it! .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale dented – to ride or not to ride?’ is closed to new replies.