Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cannock trail conditions
  • mekkenolly
    Free Member

Hi, could anybody offer any info on how the new trails are progressing? Was there earlier in the year and saw the decimation at Lower Cliff etc(do appreciate is a working forest) TIA

jekkyl

new trails?? do you know something we don’t? if you’re on about lower cliff, it is now open and excellent. I’ve timed myself and from the exit at bottom up the fireroad and back to the top takes me just over 10 minutes. So no excuses not to do it several times. I was up there last saturday monrning and it was busy like a saturday morning high street.
    The whole of dog/monkey is open and it’s all running great, bit slidey in the corners with all the needles on the track.

prawny

Very dry I imagine. We’ve had no real rain here for a couple of weeks. And only one or two days in the last month or so.

mekkenolly
    Free Member

Brilliant! Thanks Jekkyl. New was only reference to rebuilding of the currrent i’m afraid. Although always seem to find new off piste stuff when i’m there. Recently moved from Cumbria to Bedfordshire and Cannock is a godsend. Thanks again

Cheers Prawny

jekkyl

talking of new trails I’ve always felt the fireroad section connecting the end of ‘pot of gold’ to ‘rollercoaster’ (not sure of name) could do with some singletrack being built into the bank on the left, just to make it more interesting. Also, watch out for children with dark eyes whispering ‘we’re watching you’ LINK

scandal42
    Free Member

Doing a night ride there next week, does it see much traffic after dark?

rocketman
    Free Member

Perfect conditions today all sections open and riding fine
    Enjoy

jekkyl

Scandal, I’ve ridden the chase several times at night, you’ll have the place to yourself. Take some holy water & Crucifix.

somouk
    Free Member

Weather has been good in the area if a little chilly in the morning and a bit windy. Should be riding really well at the moment.

alexh
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve rode it at night. Really pleasant having it to yourself.

Scamper
    Free Member

Jekkyl – they did cut some singletrack on the right a few years ago, but for what ever reason (probably manpower or future harvesting)it wasn’t finished.

prawny

I always pap myself there at night. The dog is fairly busy just after dusk at the moment, but in a couple of weeks it’ll be deserted after 8ish.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cannock trail conditions’ is closed to new replies.