Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cannock this weekend
  • votchy
    Free Member

Anyone know if the Tread or Shred event this weekend coming will affect the monkey or FTD trails? Planning a visit sunday but dont want to go if the event is using part or all of the trails, anyone know anything (no info on tread or shred website as to course route)?

prezet
    Free Member

I’m interested in this too as a few of us are meant to be heading across on Saturday.

scruff
    Free Member

They cant use FYD but it’ll probably cross over a few times as its a small area so the marshalls might ask you stop.

rocketman
    Free Member

Quite a few of the course markers are already in place it looks as though it will be taking in some of the more obscure parts of the Chase and thus avoiding conflict with people who’ll be using the official trails and/or RoW

scruff
    Free Member

Oh great, more energy wrapers dropped down cheeky trails for the deer to choke on.

snakebite
    Free Member

any buckets to drop some human toffee in?

scruff
    Free Member

Thats a trailquest, different race but same unsmiling clientel.

kiwifiz
    Free Member

Just in case you’re not aware, as far as the official trails go, a chunk of the dog and another sizeable chunk of the monkey are closed for forestry thinning……fire road diversions in place as per Chase trails website

The best descents of the monkey (upper and lower cliffs) are not affected and its worth trekking back up their respective fire roads to repeat to make it a decent outing…..bit disrupted/short otherwise 🙂

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i was tempted to do this at one point….and i’m a smiler, and I don’t drop litter….would i not have been made welcome?

marko75
    Free Member

did anyone go around the chase on the weekend? i am looking to go there for a cheeky ride on wednesday and wondering what sections are down…. ta!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cannock this weekend’ is closed to new replies.