Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cannock conditions?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Other than the every present sloppy peddles of certain doom ™, what are ground conditions like at cannock? Might be heading out that way on Monday but wondering if it’s worth using a flexi day for.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

I was there on Monday and it’s fine, just a few puddles about.
    There is a few trail closure’s on the follow the dog trail though, and lower cliff is closed on the monkey trail.

jekkyl

dunno know where you are onza but here in staffs it’s been raining pretty much every day, I reckon the chase will be puddle tastic.

rocketman
    Free Member

As you might expect it was wet the other evening and in between the lying water there was a good coating of Cannock’s diarrhoea-like sandmud. Cut up off piste. Fairly typical for this time of year

Quite a few sections closed at the mo with diversions involving catastrophically dull fireroads if you don’t know your way around

Enjoy

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

There are a few key sections closed:
    – High Voltage (the mellow downhill to decision point)
    – Devils Staircase (1st section of the Dog down to the railway)
    – Lower Cliff (up & down)
    – Bomb Hole (due to reopen soon, I believe)

here you go

st

As Rusty has said however bombhole will remain closed for a god few weeks yet. The main build works are complete but our guys still have some de-snagging and inspections to complete with the FC and then the surface needs time to bed-in fully.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers folks. I might give it a miss then.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cannock conditions?’ is closed to new replies.