Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cannock Chase – Wire Across Trails
  • jamj1974

Hi all, I know several of you ride at Cannock Chase – particularly off-piste and I think we all might need to be a little more careful.

Following on from a recent thread regarding sabotaging of trails, I have seen several people raising the issue of these being found at Cannock Chase over the last few days. Typically they seem to be being found on the open sections of chase and not on the defined bike trails.

Please be cautious out there. I will be for sure and I will be taking wire cutters wherever I go to take these bastard things down!

J

jedi

crazy people!!!

martinhutch

View post on imgur.com

Doesn’t seem to be either recent, or of Cannock.

deadkenny
    Free Member

This has been doing the rounds but it seems fake. Chase themselves have questioned it saying they see no evidence, but anyway the picture being posted is actually from years ago, and apparently from America, if you search for it on the Internet.

AlexSimon

What a weird thing to do! (take an old photo and claim it’s from your local woods).

rocketman
    Free Member

Have not seen anything like that on the Chase

the trail police would be all over it like a rash

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Deadkenny’s right

This is the same photo posted last year
    http://m.imgur.com/gallery/WbdwG
    No mention of Cannock, in fact the replies look to be mainly from the USA

postierich
    Free Member

Thats it I,m not renewing my permit if they cannot guarantee my safety

jamj1974

Hi all, apologies for the misinformation. I saw this yesterday on the Chase Trails FB page and a number of other people had heard something similar.

However, probably worth mentioning I have come across a number of off piste trails recently with improvised barriers at knee and thigh height. All made of branches/trunks which have been hard to spot… All have been around the area of the blue trail which has a number of off-piste trails near it.

smudge
    Free Member

it’s going on up Sutton Park and Sandwell Valley too. Its not like they are trying to stop you riding the off piste stuff but more for the kill! branches and logs on on quite fast blind corners/sections with little or no escape… its amazing how you can bunny hop when you want too though..

ThePinkster

Perhaps I’m reading more into this than I should but it could be a quite clever misinformation campaign by those who don’t like MTBing on the Chase.

If you can make people think there’s a risk of getting hurt by booby-traps while riding they may not ride there.

All of the impact without having to actually go out & do anything incriminating.

st

Our “official” position on this has been clarified this morning on the social media channels.

Trail sabotage is a serious business but scaremongering is also damaging.

Currently I’m not aware of any confirmed reports of such sinister trail sabotage either on our official trails or the off-piste stuff.

Scapegoat

Perhaps I’m reading more into this than I should but it could be a quite clever misinformation campaign by those who don’t like MTBing on the Chase.

Or someone that wants it to themselves.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cannock Chase – Wire Across Trails’ is closed to new replies.