Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • cannock chase FTD worth a trip ??
  • costello
    Free Member

had a look on the chasetrails site and it says some parts are closed for maintainence etc,is it worth the 40 min trip for a couple of laps? or are the best bits closed,are parts still a mud fest?,approx 2+ years since i was last over there so it may have changed a bit,
    thanks in advance for any help

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Probably pretty similar to when you went 2 years ago. You can see which bits are closed by looking at the trail map on chase trails.

I wouldnt say its ever been a mud fest. Well then my local trails are the chilterns

phase II will be opening late summer/autumn so if you only want to go once I'd wait till then

kinda666
    Free Member

Pretty dry at the moment, new rock garden bit between S2 and S6 Section 7 is shut which is boardwalk section with a diversion in place and i think S12 is also shut!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

The chase's best bits aren't on FTD, so problem solved!

tazzymtb

Not unless you enjoy endless breaking bumps and heavily degraded/eroded bits….no. Find the propper cannock trails and ride some decent stuff.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

FTD is fine for a quick couple of laps. I wouldn't travel too far. I live in Stoke and it makes a change from Hanchurch,but it's not as good.

Kramer
    Free Member

It's not brilliant, but it never was as trail centres go. Didn't seem that eroded to me on Tuesday.

I really like the downhills around Stile Cop though. 🙂 Blooded a friend there on Tuesday, managed to persuade him to buy a Boardman full suss.

Potter
    Free Member

if your only travelling 40 mins then its worth it, its not coed y brennin or glentress but there is nothing wrong with it
    the natural stuff is loads better but if ya dont know it it will be a bit of a goose chase obviously
    if the other option is sittin on your arse at home then theres only 1 winner

kinda666
    Free Member

It takes me half hour to get there and it my local ride!

Aidy
    Free Member

I didn't really rate it all that highly, alright for a bit of a laugh though.

40 minutes really isn't that much of a drive, though 🙂

dustytrails

If it's a quick blast you're after without having to use your brain with maps or you want a change from your locals it's good – but you gotta ride it at speed for it to be fun. I'm taking a friend this weekend – he's fairly new to it so i think a good place for him to loose his trail centre cherry.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Ditto.!

Potter
    Free Member

+1

neilb67
    Free Member

kinda666 – Member

Surely thats the nightlife of Caldmore….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘cannock chase FTD worth a trip ??’ is closed to new replies.