Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Cannock chase
  • tintac
    Free Member

Well can’t ride at dalby, so wondering wether it’s possible to ride at Cannock? Proper bored of the snow now!

crotchrocket
    Free Member

2nd the above. Fancy a bit of a change to my local trails but do have the time to get Wales…

What are conditions like on the chase?

br
    Free Member

Looking at going tomorrow with my lad, anyone know of the conditions?

tazzymtb

bit of snow, lots of ice in places, very fast riding with the odd “ooo flinkinblippyfecklebumcheeks moment”

It’s all good. Hoping to get out tomorrow as well and ride off all the crimbo fatboy symptoms

postierich
    Free Member

Will be out early doors tomorrow about 9.30am before the thaw willing to show you around the rideable bits but will be starting from Upper Longdon near the Chetwyn arms pub
    Map here
    http://www.longdon-staffs.info/map/upper_longdon

Keef
    Free Member

I’ve heard that the Dag and Minkey are riding well.

Off piste is great,still finding trails that aint been ridden for a week or so,if you know where to look……….

bit nippy of a morning tho 😉

br
    Free Member

Thanks, won’t be up as early – but if you see 2 old boys on a 456Ti and a Meta plus my lad on a 456SS give us a wave.

drain

Heading over tomorrow – anyone been today, was wondering home brew ice tyres would be wise or has it thawed at all today? Ta muchly.

dan_seed
    Free Member

We were over there this morning. Went round the dog and monkey. All perfectly rideable on normal tyres. You do have to watch out on some sections for the slipply slush. It was busy thawing out this morning.

I would recommend not riding with spikes if you are sticking to the manmade stuff……no need!

Keef
    Free Member

sposed to snow again on t’chase tonight…….

Vortexracing

tintac, mailed you about your Norco before Chrimbo, but haven’t anything back.

you still got it?

drain

Spikes would’ve come in very handy today – especially on my boots! Largely ok on normal tyres but perhaps 30% some spikers would have come into their own. Great fun anyway though!

paulo6624
    Free Member

i second the above , i had a few spills today but was more down to shoes rather than tyres

Potter
    Free Member

some of the fireroads were lethal today,the top of pepperslade hill being the worst iirc
    good fun though

z1ppy

@ 10.30 this morning the chase seemed to be one frozen puddle, lots of ppl just doing FTD & going home! Probably very sensible, as the fireroads & several Monkey trail climbs were unrideable (a nitemare to walk too). Ice spikes would have been very welcome. Got back to the car park around 2 & it had mainly all melted away. Good fun though if very scary at times. Would not recommend conti RQ for slick ice.. Nobby Nic’s seemed to work well for the front runners though!

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Arrrse…it’s all thawed around these parts, I was hoping the Chase would be the same.

snakebite
    Free Member

off up ther shortly, meeting up with a Canadian Freeride god….

flip
    Free Member

Dead foggy in Cannock this morning, after watching I am legend last night i’d be scared if it got too dark up there.

snakebite
    Free Member

fookin awful….mud city. 😥

emac65
    Free Member

I can put up with mud,it’s the snow & ice I’ve had enough of !

snakebite
    Free Member

everywhere so soft though matey, scruff went so deep he ripped his rear mech off…. being a good mate, I donated my bike for him to continue and I took the slow walk back….after we swapped boots

emac65
    Free Member

that was good of you 😯

I’m out tomorrow morning for a couple of hours,but will probably stay over the Ring & SEA,with a bit of P2 thrown in for good measure….

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Cannock chase’ is closed to new replies.