Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • cannock braking bumps
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

How bad are they! Every corner or jump is like a cattle grid but at least the muddle aged Nissan navaro drivers looked cool in the car park with the bikes hanging over the tailgate 🙂 this is the midlands in England not the north shore in Canada lads

bullandbladder
    Free Member

*yawns*

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

You seriously having a go at people for transporting their bikes in a certain manner in a truck?

This place gets sadder and sadder every time I visit.

headfirst
    Free Member

I’ll think you’ll find roads are much smoother, maybe ride on them instead

Rorschach
    Free Member

Double *yawn*

tazzymtb

you must be joking, all they’re full of 29er singlespeederists getting gnar with some fireroad extreme

Liftman

1/10 poor rant, proper use of punctuation, no capitals, and use of a smiley

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Having a go at the braking bumps which suggests people can’t ride properly. Oh and laughing at the trail centre car park massive

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Braking bumps make the trails more fun 🙂

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Ditto to Scott McAvennie, pathectic thread

Blower
    Free Member

i like to brake real hard on those ere berm thingy’s

rob-jackson
    Free Member

I understand braking bumps and how they get there but how the **** does it make it more fun

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Simples – makes the trail more tech meaning you learn to be a better rider.

flow
    Free Member

Simples – makes the trail more tech meaning you learn to be a better rider.

Errr, no!

_tom_
    Free Member

It was deffo more fun before the braking bumps as its just not as flowy and fast any more. Now it’s still alright but I find they slow you down loads on a hardtail, maybe I’m just crap tho.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

On the op, what a load of shite. The breaking bumps are not ideal but hey ho. Are you off the sofa and out playing on your bike.? Yes, so what’s the problem.? To be honest who give a **** how you get there.? I would very much like a pickup to cart my bikes around in instead of buggering up the interior of my estate. Many years of biking have took there toll on my poor motor. Each to their own eh.?

BigJohn

I think the braking bumps add challenge to FtD.

But the off-piste stuff is in a different league. We went down BigJohn’s today – oooh, it was beeyootiful.

Made even better by all the doggers catching their breath at the top of that big climb wondering why these 3 bikers were GOING THE WRONG WAY! and then nipping off into some trees THAT HADN’T GOT ANY ARROWS MARKED.

MentalMickey
    Free Member

cruzheckler – Member
    Having a go at the braking bumps which suggests people can’t ride properly

Same could be said of someone that needs a ‘cruz heckler’ to tackle those iddy biddy bumps.

Aww Bless him. 🙄

brakes
    Free Member

I’m going there on Wednesday, I’ll make sure I pull some skids through the braking bumps, see if I can flatten them off a bit

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Mental Mickey – Member

cruzheckler – Member
    Having a go at the braking bumps which suggests people can’t ride properly

Same could be said of someone that needs a ‘cruz heckler’ to tackle those iddy biddy bumps.

Aww Bless him.

Only bike bar a road bike so has to go every where

chainslapp
    Free Member

LOL @ Tazzy 😆

lank45
    Free Member

Just to let you know that you can assist with the trails and getting rid of those pesky braking bumps by swapping your bikes for a shovel…
    “Trail Building at Cannock Chase.
    Chase Trails trail building happens every Sunday at 10AM come rain or shine but it is best to check the ‘News & Updates’ page and the forums for the latest information.

XC trail building starts at the Birches Valley Cycle Centre and the Downhill trail building starts at the top of the Style Cop downhill course.

Chase Trails needs your help. If you want to volunteer your time to help build and maintain the best trails in the Midlands just turn up to any of the regular trail building sessions ready to work outdoors.

All of your help is massively appreciated!”

somouk
    Free Member

I was down there the other week and the braking bumps are worse on the Monkey than the dog but none are too bad that they can’t be ridden.

They do slow you down a little and you often have to alter your line through a corner if you want to try and keep some speed going.

They’ll wear over the summer, it has so many riders on it that they will probably flatten down over time.

Is it the first time you’ve ridden at cannock? Did you enjoy the tack blast section?

t-obias
    Free Member

Ride some where else maybe?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Tobias I can only glean that from your response you may be guilty of either crime highlighted in the op, am correct?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

If you want smooth berms ride a BMX track

chvck
    Free Member

Out of curiosity if the brake bumps were a series of reasonably large roots that caused a very bumpy ride would people complain or just ride them as the trail?

Also, I use my pick-up for bike transportation, it’s the only vehicle I have…should I buy a new car just for driving places with my bike? I bet you can’t fit 9 bikes (with just the wheels off) in the back of your car!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

wouldn’t suprise me in a berlingo 🙂

tazzymtb

what ho Mr chainslappy, fancy coming out to play with some mincing big wheel boys for games in the woods again?

drop me an email fella or get my details from pop and we’ll show you a good time 😉

chainslapp
    Free Member

Mrs Chainslapp here, what exactly are you proposing to show my hubby in the woods? 😀 and will he be any good to me once returned!!!! he’s still talking about your odd shaped ring and no I don’t want to see it x

tazzymtb

and will he be any good to me once returned!!!!

he’ll be more “experienced” and have greater stamina for long hard grunts. He may be a little scared of loud noises for a while though so be gentle with him 😉

Northwind

chvck – Member

Out of curiosity if the brake bumps were a series of reasonably large roots that caused a very bumpy ride would people complain or just ride them as the trail?

Not really the same, the trail’s designed one way then breaks up and goes another way, if you’re building through a rooty area you build a trail that suits the roots. Some trails get better with wear but not all.

And sure, it’s just something that comes with busy trails but it’s still a shame and largely unneccesary.

t-obias
    Free Member

cruzheckler – not entirely sure of the crimes you mention but no I’m not middle aged, I’m 31 and no I don’t have a big 4×4 that my bike hangs out of. I have an Almera my bike sits in (if that’s what you meant?)

I just don’t see the problem with bumps/ruts on trails. Sure we’d all like perfectly smooth amazing singletrack but we can’t all have that. Ride what you’ve got. My post was merely to point out you could ride else where. Maybe I should have been more clear.

Hope that answers your question.

viv
    Free Member

I hate this argument

If you want unnatural terrain – berms, whoops etc then braking bumps will come with it.

If you want to stay natural then have fun lugging your bike across a mile of heather and bog….suddenly the braking bumps aint so bad…..

I find the best way to avoid the braking bumps on the entry to every corner at trail centres is to ride round the opposite way.

bigG
    Free Member

headfirst – Member

Try riding the roads in Central Scotland, it’s like the Paris – Roubaix cobbles every painful mile,,,,

Can’t remember the last time I had a comfortable ride with a set of 23’s on. It’s 25s or 28s round here these days..

viv
    Free Member
    Jeffus
    Free Member

cruzheckler get a Lyric coiul up front and a DHX coil rear smooths the trails

rob-jackson
    Free Member

The bumps are caused by hard braking – is that right? if so, there are some in weird places that you shouldn’t be braking in/on.

The main problem seems to be people trying to go fast and then shitting it and grabbing a handful of rear brake (surely it should be fornt for more control) and locking up the wheel?

The 4×4 comment was a pisstake and in no way meant to be serious – still happened and was funny to watch though 🙂

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Problem is Cannock is used by people who are new to MTBing (like we all were once), or out for the day with the family, and lack the control and knowing how to handle sections that comes with experience.

I’d rather have braking bumps and see more people riding and smiling than keep it to myself

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘cannock braking bumps’ is closed to new replies.