Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cane Creek Double Barrel on Nomad c – first ride
  • willber
    Free Member

My ccdb arrived from TFTuned today – first thought was ‘shit that’s heavy’. Replaced kashima rp23 and took it out – its early days but initial feelings are the shock is AMAZING. Loads of mid stroke support, unbelievably plush and gives a shit load more pop off the lip when jumping – but **** it’s heavy compared to the Fox

rob-jackson
    Free Member

what you doing with the rp23?

muddyfunster
    Free Member

Ti spring then or harden the **** up!.

northernatheart
    Free Member

I can’t wait. Mine should arrive tomorrow. I have heard so many positive reviews.

willber
    Free Member

I’ll probably sell the rp23

mildred

The weight is in yer mind! Everything about it is better so why does the weight matter?

mojo5pro
    Free Member

course it’s heavy it’s a steel coil shock 😯 …but none rotational mass and added traction on climbs will make it unnoticable 😀

rob-jackson
    Free Member

let me know about the rp23 please

D0NK

Loads of mid stroke support, unbelievably plush and gives a shit load more pop off the lip when jumping

isn’t most of that due to it being a coil shock? CCDBs look nice and all but I reckon 90% of people on here (me included) wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between that and one of these (maybe with a custom tune) which cost half the price.

EDIT just noticed that the rrp of the ccdb and fox rc are pretty close but still plenty of rcs knocking about at half price so my point still stands….kind of.

muddyfunster
    Free Member

D0NK

I reckon 90% of people on here (me included) wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between that and one of these (maybe with a custom tune) which cost half the price.

EDIT just noticed that the rrp of the ccdb and fox rc are pretty close but still plenty of rcs knocking about at half price so my point still stands….kind of.

The point is a ccdb allows you a range of adjustment that can equal or exceed what can be done with custom tuning. And it can be done on the fly, for free.

There is some truth in what you say though, most riders probably aren’t going to need that level of adjustment and all it does is give them free reign to make very horrible feeling shocks, but the potential is there.

D0NK

give them free reign to make very horrible feeling shocks

🙂

mildred

The nice thing about buying from TF Tuned is that they write down the base settings for you, so if you do fanny around and make it feel awful, you can always return it back to how it came from the shop.

Rik
    Free Member

Yes – but most people who post on here about CCDB shocks say ‘amazing-came set up from TF, perfect from the start, so never touched the adjusters’ !!! How do you know – if you have not dialed it in for your riding style!!! TF are only working on a board outline of weight etc

rhysw
    Free Member

I got a Fox rc4 with a Ti spring and some 36 van Rc2 forks on my Nomad and it rides amazing. Mine comes in around 32lbs and climbs really well for what effectively is a mine dh bike.
    Dont get me wrong, it aint no mountain goat on the climbs, but for the riding i do in South Wales, its spot on ( big fire road/single track climbs/ dh decents )
    I’d never go back to an air shock, but the bike is too much on trail centres so i suppose it depends on what you ride.
    I got a On one 456 carbon for the more flowey stuff

mojo5pro
    Free Member

CCDB’s reputation as being mega expensive is a little out of date. The price of between CCDB’s and fox coils has narrowed. There’s about £100 difference between a tuned/pushed Van RC (and the new rp23) and a CCDB. The Fox equivalent DHX RC4 costs more than CCDB.
    I went from rp23 to Van RC (off the shelf) to CCDB and by far the biggest improvement was from rp23 to van RC.

SBrock
    Free Member

I got a Fox rc4 with a Ti spring and some 36 van Rc2 forks on my Nomad and it rides amazing. Mine comes in around 32lbs and climbs really well for what effectively is a mine dh bike.

Crikey that is light would be interested to see that build list? Seems very light!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cane Creek Double Barrel on Nomad c – first ride’ is closed to new replies.