Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cane Creek DB inline on a Turner 5 spot
  • jimr80
    Free Member

Has anyone fitted a CCDB inline to a Turner 5 spot ? Does it fit with the the frame ok. I have seen other DW frames with them fitted with the air can at the bottom and CS lever near the main pivot, but i’m can’t see whether there’s room for the air can within the bottom DW link area. If it helps it’s a 2011 frame.

sam_underhill

Check out the Turner forum on mtbr, there’s a ccdb inline thread.

Not much use to you but it fits by burner. If it fits yr 5 spot then don’t hesitate to put one on. So much better than the fox shocks.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Bear in mind they have a maximum weight of about 80kg too. I was about to order one when I found out

mactheknife

No they don’t chrisc777, according to TF Tuned they may lack some rebound damping when run at higher pressures. Mainly over the 210 psi i believe. I am 85KG with my riding kit on and again TF Tuned were very happy to sell one to me but not to a mate who is 95KG As his pressures would put him over that limit.

Also Cane Creek do not agree with this, there is a massive thread over on MTBR about it but i trust TF Tuned and am happy to take their advice.

robhughes
    Free Member

Got a link to the mtbr thread mactheknife.Can’t find the bloody thing.

mactheknife

MTBR Thread

I cant find the specific info about TF Tuned /Cane Creek after a brief read. I was sure i read it in here though. If in doubt give them a call 🙂

AlexSimon
    jimr80
    Free Member

We’ll I’m under the 80kg so that one good point

UK-FLATLANDER

I have one on my 2011 Spot. Needed an offset bush at the bottom to miss the gusset. Really liking it, and halved the weight compared to my CCDB Coil. I’m about 85kg and have had no issues. TF have revised their original advice on weights.

chrishc777
    Free Member

That’s good new then, but at around 95kg it doesn’t make much difference to me as I’m still out!

UK-FLATLANDER

I’d speak to CC direct for their view on weight limits

robhughes
    Free Member

Thanks mac.

jimr80
    Free Member

Flatlander,

That all sounds promising. Can i presume you have no issue with the offset bushing rotating. That maybe be a numpty question but i;m not sure how the bushing is held still.

poah
    Free Member

I’m 80kg run 170psi and have my HSR set to fully slow. 190×50 140mm travel.

UK-FLATLANDER

I got the offset bush from TF, it needed a little taken of the length (emery paper)to fit, but have noticed no rotation even after two weeks on alpine duty.

jimr80
    Free Member

Flatlander,
    Which offset mount did lyou order from TF ?
    Was it the 22×6 mm for the lower mount.
    Also what size top mount do I need out of there heavy weight mounts?
    I presume they use a 12.7mm bushing.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cane Creek DB inline on a Turner 5 spot’ is closed to new replies.