• This topic has 24 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by akak.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Cancelling SKY – How to still watch F1
  • downthemiddle
    Free Member

I currently pay £57 a month for a full SKY subscription which is hardly getting at the minute. Cancelling the Movies pack, doesn’t reap much of a saving due to the fact that we are getting a discount for taking both Movies and Sport that we would lose. So ideally to make any difference to my Monthly cost I would need to drop both. Sky Movies has gone right downhill recently, with everything seemingly being steered to box office. I don’t watch any football anymore, the occasional bit of cricket, which I can live without. But what I really don’t want to lose is access to the 9 Live F1 races that SKY have. Anyone know whether this can be bought separately or any other swerves or dodges to be able to watch. I don’t mind paying a box office style fee to watch them, it just grates paying £57 a month keeping the whole package going just to watch 9 races over the whole season.

zigzag69
    Free Member
    phead
    Free Member

Phone up and cancel, they will offer a discount, if its not at least 50% then cancel it.

A 50% off offer will be in the post within 2 weeks.

At one point I had 75% off TV, free phone line and half price fibre.

ton

streaming box

KonaTC

£57 a month for a full SKY subscription

Bl@@dy hell never for one moment did I think the full Sky package that expensive.

xiphon
    Free Member

Bl@@dy hell never for one moment did I think the full Sky package that expensive.

£57/month is CHEAP for Sky.

My Father-in-Law used to pay £120+ each month (which I never understood)

the-muffin-man

I pay £36 a month for entertainment pack +HD. No Sports or Movie channels.

This is all you need to get F1

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Over here in Oz Fox(sky) and everyone else offering monthly rates have to give the full year price on screen. “Less than 2 quid a day” 720 Pounds Per Year Minimum.

For the OP which races are on Sky is it not all the ones at silly times?
    There are methods of watching things over the internet too.

nealglover
    Free Member

Over here in Oz Fox(sky) and everyone else offering monthly rates have to give the full year price on screen. “Less than 2 quid a day” 720 Pounds Per Year Minimum.

Does the average Fox customer not know how to multiply for themselves ?

BoardinBob

Just emulsion your living room wall every other Sunday and watch it dry…

downthemiddle
    Free Member

Yes I am afraid so, thats without any bells and whistles too ! No HD, No Sky Extra (allows you to watch some on demand stuff), No multi-room. Just one SKY+ standard box running non HD channels + Sky Movies and Sky Sports

dooosuk
    Free Member

I watched the Australian Qualifying and GP via
    http://www.wiziwig.tv

at the weekend.

No streaming interruptions.

downthemiddle
    Free Member

I pay £36 a month for entertainment pack +HD. No Sports or Movie channels.

This is all you need to get F1

You get SKY F1 for this ?

BoardinBob

Phone up and cancel, they will offer a discount

Apparently that used to be the case but they’ve stopped the retention deals, at least when you phone to cancel. We had been with them for 7 years, paying over £100 a month. Felt it was an absolute waste of money and phoned them to cancel. They accepted the cancellation on the spot with no attempt to keep me. The lack of retention offers was mentioned a lot on various internet forums. I reckon they’ve worked out that the majority of people that cancel return pretty quickly and the lost revenue from a few months of no service is less than they’d lose if they offer a retention deal.

downthemiddle
    Free Member

Apparently that used to be the case but they’ve stopped the retention deals

Nope not for me, although a 50% discount wasnt on the table, I called a while back to drop Movies, and they came back with 3 free months of movies. Which I am now in my last month of. Although maybe after you’ve taken them up on some discounts then they may just flag you up, and you may not get any more deals

the-muffin-man

You get SKY F1 for this ?

Yes

F1 comes with the ‘HD’ bit not the Sports package.

We can also access all the catch-up services (BBC, C4, C5 etc, and all the Sky channels we pay for). We have access to all the Box-Sets too.

This isn’t a special ‘retention’ deal.

Stoner
    Free Member

zigzig has given the perfect answer up there ^

http://www.nowtv.com/sports

is designed for just what you want. 9x £10 for the all the F1.

back2basics
    Free Member

problem with nowtv sports with F1 is that you cannot watch qualy live and the race as its 24hours pass in A ROW. 1pm qualy means your pass runs out 1pm race day!!!

you could get it via freesat + 2nd LNB pointing at german RTL tv for free – then tune in Radio5Live at the same time for english commentary
    I did this the first season it went to sky and it was fine for the ones the BBC didnt show.

seosamh77
    Free Member

xbmc(navi-x), or dtvindia

downthemiddle
    Free Member

F1 comes with the ‘HD’ bit not the Sports package.

This sounds a good compromise to be honest, actual stuff I’d watch in HD that I havent had before and a £21 a month saving. although trawling through the SKY website, I am struggling to find the package you refer to.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Does the average Fox customer not know how to multiply for themselves ?

Possibly but it’s common for people to use things like Per month/per day to make the deal sound cheaper than it actually is.

the-muffin-man

Sorry Mike – looks like I’m fortunate as I was already on this deal!…

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Watching-Sky-Questions/Do-Sky-HD-customers-receive-F1-channel-for-free/qaq-p/1279164

If I had to buy the Sports package to get F1 I’d be cancelling the whole lot.

downthemiddle
    Free Member

If I had to buy the Sports package to get F1 I’d be cancelling the whole lot.

Yes you got lucky there fella, I just rang SKY and asked about it, and it was an introductory last year. Unfortunately I have no bargaining chips left, as technically I am looking to spend less. They tend to only chuck free stuff at you, when you are persuaded to spend the same, or spend more. For obvious reasons 🙂

hooli

Wow, I have never had sky so didn’t realise it was so expensive.

akak
    Free Member

Mercededes Benz world in Surrey show all of the daytime races live in their cinema gratis, went a few times last year. Helps if you live nearby though.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Cancelling SKY – How to still watch F1’ is closed to new replies.