Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cancelling C2W 2 weeks after filling out the web-application – possible?
  • medoramas
    Free Member

Mrs Medoramas sent the application to Evans C2W for a bike, about 1.5 weeks ago. Now she realized she could fund the bike from different sources. Is it too late for her to withdraw from the scheme? She has not received any vouchers yet.

But there is no “cancel” possible via her C2W profile 😕

Thanks good people!

ricky1
    Free Member

14 day cooling off period?

njee20
    Free Member

Cyclescheme Vouchers have a validity period, she may be able to just not spend it?

Rockplough
    Free Member

Does ‘different sources’ mean someone else is paying for it? Otherwise why would you give up the significant savings C2W provides?

jam-bo

Does ‘different sources’ mean someone else is paying for it? Otherwise why would you give up the significant savings C2W provides?

Are the savings actually that significant anymore?

medoramas
    Free Member

There is a parallel scheme running there, which is accepted not just in Evans.

riddoch

The cyclescheme version has something about cancelling within 14 days but I am not sure from what point, whether it is signing the contract or receipt of the voucher. You did keep a copy and read all the small print didn’t you?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Why not speak to Evans about this?

riddoch

Found the blurb on the cyclescheme website,

Once signed, the Hire Agreement is non-cancellable following a cooling-off period of 14-working days following collection of the goods.

razorrazoo

jam bo – Member

Are the savings actually that significant anymore?

Not sure whether as significant as in the past, however if you are a 40% tax payer they are still significant depending on the deal you could otherwise get on the bike. I’ve just got a £700 Genesis via Cyclescheme and will save significantly.

I believe the recent change means that if you want to own the bike after the year of payments the charge is higher (due to the closure of a loophole I think). However I can choose to ‘hire’ the bike for a further 3 years for a nominal deposit and no further payment. After that I own the bike.

So its a case of if it works for you then you will still save.

Rockplough
    Free Member

You’re still saving %32 or thereabouts. More if you’re a higher rate taxpayer. I’m getting a £949 bike for £646.

benp1

As long as the voucher hasn’t been claimed, i.e. you’re not getting deductions happening via payroll, there’s no reason it shouldn’t be possible to cancel it as it hasn’t been actioned and you haven’t got the bike

my example

Ordered an On One Parkwood as it fell under the £1k limit. Requested via On One and put a C2W request in. Spoke to someone internally about it to find there was no limit. Cancelled everything a week or so after and bought a much more expensive bike! I should highlight that I knew the exact person to speak to though who was able to shortcut many phone calls, emails and extra bits of paperwork

It did help that I had the right person help me though

hjghg5
    Free Member

The standard Evans document definitely has the 14 day cooling off period in it – I read it earlier this week as we are looking at introducing the scheme and that was one of the points I checked. As far as I know the web process uses the standard doc.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cancelling C2W 2 weeks after filling out the web-application – possible?’ is closed to new replies.