Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Cancelling an ebay buy it now purchase.. child and laptop error
  • vinnyeh

Is there a procedure for doing it. I was just browsing some listings, got called away from rhe laptop, and my 5 year old daughter has just managed to purchase a £1500 Lapierre. I've contacted the seller (apologies if it's someone from here), but can somebody tell me what the procedure to follow is? Am I likely to get stung for fees?

MadPierre

just contact the seller and ask them to cancel…?

Jamie
    Free Member

Riiiiiight. Blame it on the child 😉

toys19
    Free Member

Ho Ho good excuse. In reality nobody can enforce the sale, in the old days you might get negative feedback but now sellers cannot do that so just don't pay. You wont get stung for anything, although you should co-operate with the seller he will probably send youa mutually agree not to continue message so that he can get his fee's back.

bruneep

my 5 year old daughter has just managed to purchase a £1500 Lapierre

aye right, you bought it tried to sneak it home but wife has found out that you bought it. So thinking on your feet, you blame the child.

Shame on daddy.

😀

I would explain to seller and offer to repay listing fees.

wwaswas

Am I likely to get stung for fees?

if the seller is charged they'd probably feel justified in passing them on to you.

tbh, I'd be more worried about being 'found out' browsing bikes on ebay when I should have been doing child care 😉

vinnyeh

Yeah, it's arranging for the fees refund that I'm unsure about – who does it, and how.
    Christ, I hadn't even read the listing.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i think you should let your daughter buy daddy a present.

as long as it fits 😉

dooosuk
    Free Member

Yeah, it's arranging for the fees refund that I'm unsure about – who does it, and how.

The seller applies for a refund and ebay send you a link to confirm you're not going through with the sale. The fees will then be refunded to the sellers account. All the info is there in the help pages of Ebay.

bruneep
    molgrips
    Free Member
    SuperScale20
    Free Member

To purchase an item from ebay is more than one push of a button I fail to see how this can be done by mistake, especially that digger.

Cougar

Windows key + L, locks the PC when you're away from it.

Drac

Your 5 year old knows your password?

j_me
    Free Member

Nightmare. Was it the same daughter that signed you up for http://www.bigjugs.net

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

My thoughts exactly, what about the bit that says commit to buy

Must be a good reader for her age too

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Kids don't read it they just click on things. My 3 year old almost did it with a 80k boat i was just looking at whilst she sat on my lap and jus started clicking things on things.

nuke

Thought the forks didn't look like Fox…never understand why people would want to do that 😕

bullheart
    Free Member

Hmmmmmmmm…….

Chinny reckon! 😉

carlosg
    Free Member

My thoughts exactly, what about the bit that says commit to buy

Must be a good reader for her age too

My 5 year old knows his way round the computer enough to turn on the internet and reads well enough choose his own bookmarks 'commit to buy' would hardly be a stretch for most 5 year olds I think.

kids nowadays grow up with computers not like us old people who marvelled at the awesum power of research machines/bbc micro computer/ZX81/VIC 20 (delete as required)

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Still need the password though

vinnyeh

I was logged into ebay. I'd have thought that was self evident…

tiger_roach
    Free Member

My browser completes my password for me; might change that…..

Drac

You logged in for just browsing?

vinnyeh

You logged in for just browsing?

You need to be logged in to see the final sale price for completed listings.

Drac

How come I'm not logged in but can see the above prices?

vinnyeh

I don't know. Perhaps you're special? Try checking that you really are logged out- think like you're at work- you wouldn't just assume things there, would you?

With this, it is apparent why you need to know how to see an ended eBay auction. Though a lot of people think this is impossible, it actually is the other way around. In fact, here are the steps on how you can see any ended eBay auction:

Sign in to eBay. There is no other place, of course, where you can find these ended auctions than the eBay website itself. Hence, visit the site and make sure you sign in. If you don't have any log-in information, you can proceed on creating an eBay account first before proceeding to the other steps.

Drac

I am logged out it says sign in and doesn't say welcome username.

Cougar

Chinny reckon!

You owe me a new keyboard, this one's now full of beer.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Cancelling an ebay buy it now purchase.. child and laptop error’ is closed to new replies.