Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Can you set an iPhone up to only receive email within certain hours?
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

I have several email accounts on my iPhone one of which is my work email. I’d like to set that so I only get emails on that account at certain times.

Is that possible? I’m sure I remember seeing a setting somewhere before but can’t find it.

I know I can go in to setting and swipe that account to off but its unlikley I would do that on a daily basis.

Daffy

You can set the phone to only collect mail when you click the mail tab.

bamboo
    Free Member

You can use do not disturb but that has wider implications than just email.

Maybe there is an app on the App Store

jam-bo

You can set the phone to only collect mail when you click the mail tab.

this. set that account to fetch rather than push.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh but I have 3 mailboxes I do want to access and one I don’t.

the-muffin-man

Run the other 2 private ones through a Gmail account, and use the Gmail app instead of mail?

Daffy

Set the mailbox you don’t want to collect to Manual rather than either Fetch or Push.

Jamie
    Free Member

Buy a works iPhone?

simon_g

The last phones I remember seeing that offered timed ActiveSync profiles were running Windows Mobile 6.5.

You can set different notification options for mail accounts in iOS, but the push/fetch settings apply to all. DND applies to everything too.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

The Do Not Disturb setting was possibly what you were thinking of, but I believe that only works in conjunction with calls and is not account specific.

{edit} beaten to it.

I turn my works email on and off since i find it quick and easy. Bear in mind any notification settings you have appear to get “lost” when you turn off the mail account

DickBarton

Switch phone on silent?

chiefgrooveguru

Yeh but I have 3 mailboxes I do want to access and one I don’t.

I have 5 gmail accounts on my phone, two of which are work related – I just have to manually switch them off in settings when I don’t want them to bother me. Bit of a bodge but it seems that the entire rest of the world wants to get their work emails out of hours?!!

simon_g

Bit of a bodge but it seems that the entire rest of the world wants to get their work emails out of hours?!!

Or don’t feel the compulsion to read or answer in full.

I look occasionally out of hours but anything that needs more attention gets flagged and dealt with the next day. If you “need” to be checking/responding out of hours, you should be looking at why.

DickBarton

If it is a personal phone, why do you need your work email on it? If it is a work phone, you ignore until your working hours (unless you are on call!)…

Kryton57

In the mail settings, select the account you don’t want to recieve e mail from and next to “mail” set the toggle switch to “inactive” / off. It won’t collect the emails, or show the account in your mailbox until you return and undo it.

It takes a few seconds that’s all.

chiefgrooveguru

I look occasionally out of hours but anything that needs more attention gets flagged and dealt with the next day. If you “need” to be checking/responding out of hours, you should be looking at why.

I still want to pick up personal emails out of hours – I just don’t want the stress of work emails coming in at the same time. I’m sure it isn’t good for the general populace’s mental health to have work following them around…

Gary_M
    Free Member

It is a work phone, doesn’t mean I need to view work emails 24/7.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Can you set an iPhone up to only receive email within certain hours?’ is closed to new replies.