Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can you sell a frame or the bits from a cycle to work scheme bike?
  • rob2
    Free Member

As title really.

Work has just got CTW, Thought of getting a bike and either

a) keeping the bits for an existing frame and flog the new frame (assuming good bits but cack frame)
    or
    b) keep the new frame move bits over and flog the new bits (assuming good frame but cack bits)

Can you do that or will the fuzz* come to my door?

*police

druidh
    Free Member

Remember – none of it belongs to you until you make the final payment after 12/18/24 months or whenever.

simondbarnes

The bike remains the property of your employer until the end of the agreement when they can either keep it, continue loaning it to you or sell it to you. If you sell it before ownership is transferred to you then you are selling something that doesn’t belong to you.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

They won’t know, but technically its not your bike to sell. If for any reason you had to give the bike back, you’d have to give them something back equivalent.

Putting better bits on the frame could well be interpretted as just maintainance so would be a safer bet.

rob2
    Free Member

So a no then 😉

Just wondered if anyone ever checks.

Eccles
    Free Member

It’s ok; you’re just, say, shorting a cube and going long on turner.

Spud

I swapped some bits over on mine for some that made the bike more comfortable for me. Just accept that if the ‘worst’ happened then those bits would stay on the bike..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can you sell a frame or the bits from a cycle to work scheme bike?’ is closed to new replies.