Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Can you see Magic Eye pictures?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I can, after years of trying I actualy read the science bit behind them, understood it and can now actualy see them!

Most impressive/least productive afternoon of work ever!

LoCo
    Free Member

No they give me a headache 🙁

wwaswas

I spent years as a kid fretting as I could never see them. In the end I’d wait until someone told me what they were and then agree with them.

I found out about 3 years ago it’s ‘cos I have astigmatism and I’ll never be abel to see them due to that.

jam-bo

backwards. the 3D effect goes into the page.

GW
    Free Member

No. nothing wrong with my eyesight tho.
    even did 100hrs of depth perception experiments in the optomety dept of a University and still couldn’t see a thing.
    hardest £500 I’ve ever earned (seriously)

Stoner
    Free Member

Its people like you who shouldnt have driving licences you know!

😉

jam-bo

No. nothing wrong with my eyesight tho.
    even did 100hrs of depth perception experiments in the optomety dept of a University and still couldn’t see a thing.

you must have really wanted to see them…

GW
    Free Member

😆
    I had to have my eyes thoroughly tested before beginning the experiments

GW
    Free Member

see EDIT Jambo 😉

nbt

Nope, never seen them. I’d heard the astigmatism thing too, but as I’m only slightly astigmatic I’m not sure that’s why *I* can’t see them

DezB
    Free Member

Can you see Magic Eye pictures?

Nope.

Maybe you didn’t get the link right? ([.url][./url])

Pyro

No, but if I hold any of the red-tops to my nose and go cross-eyed, then pull the paper away slowly while uncrossing my eyes, I end up seeing a big pile of poo.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

bring one up on your computer screen, hover the cursor over a point in the image where the pattern appears to repeat, then relax your eyes untill you see 2 cursors at the same spaceing as the pattern, wait a while and it’ll coem into focus.

MrsToast
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDoC8BhtUyo[/video]

I can see them sort of, but in reverse going into the page.

Junkyard
    Free Member

no but i only have vision in only one eye so no 3d cinema either

coffeeking
    Free Member

No, never seen them. 20/20 vision.

ahwiles
    Free Member

brilliant.

🙂

(it’s not about having perfect vision, it’s about letting your left eye look at 1 part of the image, while your right eye looks about 30mm to the right)

Dolcered

nope, never could, i think folk that tell they can are at it.
    or im jealous 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

love it!

kayak23

I could never see them, however I found that just looking at a regular picture of two dolphins jumping worked just fine…

DezB
    Free Member

Does Mr Blobby appear in the gaps in the words? Nearest I can get with ahwiles thing.

GW
    Free Member

what is it? 🙁

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

2 scentances stand out likenewspapaer clippings saying “stop wasing yoru time/get a life”

verses

Funnily enough I got a “Mr Blobby” or “Homer’s head” at first, but then the clippings leapt to the front 🙂

Edit: For the record, I have an astigmatism and have never had any problems seeing them 🙂

GW
    Free Member

ahwhiles method doesn’t work for me either

Thanks TINAS will do as you describe instead 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

Took me about 5 seconds to see the two snippets of floating text in the image above. Seeing the magic 3D things is easy if you “know” what to do (well it is in my case).

fisha
    Free Member

awhiles – very good.

coffeeking
    Free Member

(it’s not about having perfect vision, it’s about letting your left eye look at 1 part of the image, while your right eye looks about 30mm to the right)

No normal functioning human does that. You’re all aliens.

freddyg
    Free Member

Nope can’t see anything in ahwiles post and now can’t see the keyboard either. Yes I have an astigmatism and no, I’ve never been able to see those 3D thingy’s. Witchcraft, it is.

Cougar

IT’S A SAILBOAT!

(Yes, I can)

Pook

oh that’s really very good!

I used to have them all over my walls. they used to make my room look bigger.

I’m cross eyed now.

glenh
    Free Member

Love it ahwiles 🙂

Ps I research 3D vision and not being able to see them has nothing to do with having astigmatism or not (unless you have one eye so much worse than the other that you don’t see much binocular depth in any situation). Unless you are stereo blind, it just takes practice.

iDave
    Free Member

that’s cool. was looking for a picture then read the words in the 3D bit. No, I did, honest!

jon1973
    Free Member

I saw one once for a split second and never managed to see the 3d image since.

spooky_b329

I have astigmatism and can normally see the pics…usually takes a while though and have to relax my eyes and look through the pic.

Can’t make out the text one though, can see some sort of pattern emerging but the writing is difficult to ignore.

donsimon
    Free Member

I can’t and I reckon it’s like the Emperor’s new clothes and no-one can.

Stoner
    Free Member

beej

Text one is cool, never seen one like that before.

enfht
    Free Member

Very good ahwiles !

My advice to anyone who can’t see them is to focus behind the image

simondbarnes

The text one above is excellent 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Can you see Magic Eye pictures?’ is closed to new replies.