Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Can you run 1/8th Steerer on Tapered Head Tube
  • 5thumbs
    Free Member

as above really, about to but new Cotic Soul frame to replace stolen one but struggling to find tapered steerer Reba forks for a sensible price.

I believe Hope have a headset that does this. Anyone have any experience of this?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yes. You just need a different crown race on the fork. Hope, as you say, do one. On One make one, Superstar…. etc 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just an example

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=539

If you look at the pic it comes with 2 crown races. If you swap to a tapered fork, the headset stays the same, just fit the new race 🙂

cy

Yes, the new Soul runs 1 1/8″ no problem. As mentioned, Hope do a headset as do several others. We supply fitted on direct sale frames for £75 including the 1 1/8″ adaptor. We also have the 1 1/8″ only (i.e. taper fork in future would need a new headset) Nukeproof Warhead 44IESS for £39.

There’s a bit more here about the why’s and wherefore’s of the Soul’s new head tube.

5thumbs
    Free Member

Thanks Cy. Does the Chris King ‘inset’ headset fit this?

bigblackshed

As others have said. Hope is your friend here.

kelvin

If you want Chris King, you need the bottom half of their 44mm headset, and the top half of their 1.125″ headset. You can run either type of fork by using their 1.5″ or Devolution baseplates. That’s what I run, but when I set my bike up Hope didn’t do reducer baseplates… if I was buying now I’d just get a Hope, far easier to source…

kelvin

Bottom right cup on this Chris King diagram (InSet 7 external cup 44mm):

http://chrisking.com/files/upload/headsets/44mm-Headtube-Fit-Guide.jpg

Vortexracing

Yes, the new Soul runs 1 1/8″ no problem. As mentioned, Hope do a headset as do several others. We supply fitted on direct sale frames for £75 including the 1 1/8″ adaptor.

There you go

My new Soul with a 1 and 1/8″ Rev RLtI in the tapered headtube and hope headset, fitted by Cy

will
    Free Member

Hope 1/18 to 1.5″ works fine, and costs £8

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Can you run 1/8th Steerer on Tapered Head Tube’ is closed to new replies.