Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Can you ride around Loch Trool – what about this for a ride idea?
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

I was thinking about riding the Glentrool loop, but it seems a bit too far for me at 58km.

I was then thinking about riding from the visitor centre around Loch Trool, and maybe back down the SUW – is this possible?

The bigger idea was to ride around the lake and then the blue route. Are there any other obvious tracks around there rather than this combination? I am quite happy on fireroads so long as the views are great.

Thanks for any thoughts. I was thinking I really should do one or two rides at Galloway Forest, and this seemed like an obvious starting point.

Sanny
    Free Member

The loch is lovely. I dud a route with Seb Rogers down there years ago. Some lovely stuff round by the water. Definitely worth doing.

Cheers

Sanny

simonralli2
    Free Member

Cheers Sanny

I’ll try and find a sunny day to do the route.

Si

iainc

you not riding tonight either then Sanny ? 😆

rudedog
    Free Member

Check with the FC before you go as the SUW around Loch Trool is currently closed due to forestry work. I’m in the process of doing stages of the SUW from the Portpatrick side so have been keeping an eye on this.

It is lovely btw 😉

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ah right – thanks for the warning – I’ll give them a ring tomorrow. Fantastic pic.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Can you ride around Loch Trool – what about this for a ride idea?’ is closed to new replies.