Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Can you record from BBC iPlayer, work related TV show.
  • waihiboy
    Free Member

Hi All,

Last week a 3 part program started Crude Britannia: The Story of North Sea Oil,

I know I can hook a DVD Recorder up to my sky + box and record the next 2 episodes but is there anyway to record episode 1 from iPlayer?

cheers

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

my usual recorder off’ve the internet plugin for firefox doesn’t like iplayer. there may be a add-on that does?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Google ipdl.exe
    Simple standalone app that downloads iplayer progs and saves them for use with an ipod (although you can watch them on a bigger screen). Might not be the same as watching it on a big telly but better than nothing.

eistrar
    Free Member

You can use a screen recorder like CamStudio to record the set dimensions of the screen – although you won’t be able to do anything else on the computer while you do.

Quality shouldn’t be too bad…

waihiboy
    Free Member

Cheers!

grahamb
    Free Member

get_iplayer will record BBC TV & radio, ITV & in theory Hulu streams. Runs on Windows & OS/X as well as Linux. Has a pvr mode you can run from cron/scheduler etc.

Nick

once in a while this forum is quite useful!

allyharp

I’m almost certain iplayer downloads a file somewhere into your Appdata folder with an odd extension (possibly .dat) which you can simply rename to .wmv.

Something like that worked for me about a year ago, will check my HD for details when I get home.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i think that was before it was a flash based FLV device

pault41
    Free Member

i player downloads to i player on computor so just play it back then don’t need to record it .It’s there then on your hard drive or laptop.

I downloaded Regi Perrin on to laptop i player for a nite shift where no internet signal ,then played back at will.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

but it is deleted after 30 days

Junkyard
    Free Member

i can record it on DVD as virgin customers have the i player on the TV and send it you as a DVD + if any use? My e-mail in profile
    I can do it on video(assuming you can still but them) as well if you want.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Can you record from BBC iPlayer, work related TV show.’ is closed to new replies.