Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Can you recommend me some Jeans
  • Geronimo
    Free Member

In my not so humble opinion, trousers with lots of pockets are the way forward, it saves carrying a man-bag.

5.11 do good cargo pants.

woffle
    Free Member

I'm a fan of decent selvedge denim – the better made, readily available brands IMO include Edwin, Nudie and APC. The Levis vintage stuff is pretty good too.

Or, you could go 'niche' and look at Studio D'Artisan, Flathead, Sugar Cane or Ironheart to name just a few. They're certainly not cheap but they are usually exceptionally well made, quality denim and often reproductions of original 1950's vintage jeans and workwear.

There's a new UK jean maker called Tender Company. Their stuff is properly made but not sure whether they're actually on sale anywhere yet / pricing (likely to be £££)

molgrips
    Free Member

I can't believe this guy hasn't attracted more abuse for asking the forum how he should dress.

freddyg
    Free Member

molgrips – have you got nothing better to do? Shouldn't you be in double maths now?

I didn't ask for advice on how to dress, I asked for opinions on what is currently available in the cotton-based-workwear-trouser-department. I don't like shopping, any expedition time is also limited by the attention span of my 2x BabyG's (both under 4yrs) – I wanted to narrow down my choices so as to target the best establishments.

EDIT: self moderated sarcasm filter kicked in.

molgrips
    Free Member

Alright freddy, it was just a bit of teasing. No offence intended. However it would seem obvious to me that clothes are intensely personal, so asking people for suggestions when you don't know how they dress themselves seems a little odd 🙂 "Best" is a wholly subjective term in this case.

But still, nothing really wrong with the thread, I was just genuinely expecting more abuse 🙂

freddyg
    Free Member

Well in that case, feel free to abuse-away 8)

(no offence taken either – cheers)

If it'll help, I'll let you in on the reason why my 2x pairs of PS jeans are now due for replacement??

They both had a terminal failure in the arse region…..

GW
    Free Member

gotta agree with molgrips.

it's not exactly **** hard to actually go to a few jeans shops and decide what you like, try them on and part with a suitable amount of cash, 2xbabyG's or noxbabyG's.

*awaits your next thread in 2020 when your jumper gets a hole in the sleeve*

molgrips
    Free Member

I always used to have jeans wear out in the crotch cos my thighs used to be so fat. Then this problem went away.. now it's back…

Free Member

Paul Smith moleskin's!! MMMMM!!! Strokable!!

slimtubing
    Free Member

Its not hard but it can be onerous for some people. not me, the chance to spend coin on myself for once instead of my 2xslimtublings would be welcomed!!

waynekerr
    Free Member

You can't go far wrong with Levis

What year do you think this is 1995? spose you have Reeboks too

backhander
    Free Member

Diesel Kurrens for me.
    I keep going back to diesel (tried howies, Hilfiger etc) and the kurrens are the only ones which go over my thighs!
    Out of interest, why wear such nice shirts with M&S jeans?

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Can you recommend me some Jeans’ is closed to new replies.