Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • can you mix and match different brand rotors aslong as its the same size?
  • addicted2tailwind
    Free Member

my mate is gona buy some hope rotors for his juicy 5s will that be ok?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I ran Shimano's with my M4's if that helps… 😕

addicted2tailwind
    Free Member

i thought avids for avids hopes for hopes formulas for formulas etc etc. lol

rOcKeTdOg

if they fit, they'll er…fit surely, i.e. same diameter and width they should fit (unless one is 6 bolt and one is shimano spline fit)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

width doesn't matter much as all brakes adjust that

nuke

Use Shimano rotors with my Juicy 5s as I couldn't be bothered with centrelock converters on my centrelock hubs…found the shimano were as good if not better than the avid g2 they replaced

chakaping
    Free Member

I use whatever is around: Forumla, Avid, Hope, Shimano, generic cheapo ones – and I don't have any problems.

aracer
    Free Member

I use Hope rotors with my Formula brakes. One issue you can get is if your pads are wider than the brake track on the rotor.

Bullet

Floating Hopes work in my Juicys and feel better than the original Avid discs. But, now fitted 2010 Fox TALAS forks and the spider doesn't clear the mounting post on the forks – due to running a King hub apparently so back to the Avis disc unfortunately…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘can you mix and match different brand rotors aslong as its the same size?’ is closed to new replies.