Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Can you have too much orange?
  • Rockplough
    Free Member

Are these…

…too much for this?

I'm torn between 'It'll look the business' and 'Ze goggles, zey do nothing!'.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yes. You can have too much. Orange grips, maybe, but not the bars. Plus, IIRC, the colours don't quite match up.

nina
    Free Member

please note this cautionary tale….

apologies to anyone eating at the moment!

Rockplough
    Free Member

Ah, I haven't seen the bars in the flesh so that's interesting. Perhaps not then.

edit: Make that definitely not.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I really like that Ibis. 😀

Johnbot
    Free Member

I would say not

coogan
    Free Member

That Ibis is an abomination.

Looks even worst in all that orange guff.

dogmatix

To go against the grain i rekon it would look alright… but as above maybe orange grips would look better…

I'm not sure its the orange bar that has alot to do with the problems that IBIS seems to be running in to. I'd say white tyres, orange rims, white grips and white forks, all at the same time are pushing the issue more…

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Clearly not… do you think they'd clash? 😉

wl
    Free Member

It'll look horrible.

Coleman
    Free Member

You can never have too much orange.

Also have orange slicks for on road forays.

chela
    Free Member

I've an odd fascination with that Ibis. I can't stop looking at it. Against all the odds and my better judgement, I think I likes it 🙄

tracknicko
    Free Member

i would say yes.

chakaping
    Free Member

I never noticed that Worzel Gummidge had such big knockers before.

retro83
    Free Member

Balance it out with some purple anodizing…

MrTall
    Free Member

My new OnOne Inbred 29er is Orange and will be sporting a black and orange charge spoon saddle, orange bottle cage and orange pedals (some of the time as i mostly use silver spd's).

That's where my orange obsession will end though. I also considered those bars but decided against them as well (plus they are expensive).

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

hmmm. I have just fitted some Orange Race Face Deus XC Bars to my bike and a number of other Orange ano bits. I think it looks great. Not showing it though…. yet

nickc

Why is that man looking away whilst holding the bars, that's the question…

ooOOoo
    Free Member

They worked for me rockplough, I kind of like the way the orange tapers off towards the back of the bike.

Weird colour in the flesh though, I would call them extreme copper. Change a lot dpending on viewing angle. And damn stiff! HTH

mamadirt
    Free Member

Lovely lovely bikes , (OK, the one with the big knockers excepted). You can never have too much orange . . . and I love that Ibis 😛

djcombes
    Free Member

ooOOoo – you live near Malvern? I'm from there myself.

padrc66
    Free Member

rockplough, is that a 160mm lyrik you've got on a wolf ridge/attack trail? if so, how is it, does it mess the geometry up?. i'm tempted to get a frame as i like the concept and would be fitting a long 150mm fork.

thanks

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I'm in glaaaasshire dj 🙂

Rockplough
    Free Member

Depends what you mean by mess the geometry up. It does make it very slack (about 66 degrees) but with a 50mm stem and no spacers it feels spot-on to me, except for the bars being a touch narrow. I've built it to go down hills mainly and I'm having a proper hoot on it. Having said that I'm quite impressed with how it climbs even with the fork at full travel, as are my riding buddies.

Bert
    Free Member

I am considering getting some for this….

chakaping
    Free Member

I just went down the high street and there was a woman stopped at the lights on an old-ish orange-coloured Voodoo hardtail with ORANGE TYRES.

I nearly asked her if I could take a picture, but there's a few odd characters around there and I didn't want to give her a fright.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

How wide are your current bars Rockplough? I went from 710 but found the 785 was a bit too much, took em down to 760

Blower
    Free Member

isis i like the look of misen..

M6TTF
    Free Member

That ibis looks ace!

knott4me
    Free Member

i would say go for it they will look god on that bike.
    take off the tyres & hey you have a nice bike.
    bag over the face hey you have a nice bike. 😀

Bert
    Free Member

ooOOoo – Really like the look of your Trek. How do you find the width of the Atlas's ? Is it too much or do you get used to them ?

EDIT –

I went from 710 but found the 785 was a bit too much, took em down to 760

Missed that.

Rockplough
    Free Member

I'm at 685 just now. I find the heel of my hand ends up right on the bar end when I'm out riding so something wider is definitely in order. 785 will probably be too wide but I'd rather be able to cut down than get something too short.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Can you have too much orange?’ is closed to new replies.