Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • can you get the hope headset bearing for less than £15?
  • Lummox

I need to replace the bottom headset bearing in my hope 1 1/8th headset, it’s the newer design one with the sorta cone shaped bearing.

Lower one is shot which i’m not really surprised about, top ones iffy, so plan on replacing both, £30 seems steep though!

So does anyone know of a cheaper decent replacement – ideally with the bearing code so i can search them out.

Thanks

Northwind

If memory serves they’re exactly the same as the Cane Creek S3 bearings. I’ll check that in a mo.

PePPeR

Aren’t the bearing codes on the races themselves?

Probably not much help if you’ve not got it stripped out yet though!

Lummox

bearing was stripped but the rubber seals are tiny and they’re in a fairly sorry state, cant actually make out any model no’s.

Just packed them full of grease and shoved them back in ;-D

PePPeR

The bearing codes are normally printed on the flat part of the outer race, if you have no joy take them down to your local bearing traders place and they can measure them and order them in.

DT78
    Free Member

buy a second hand headset with good condition bearings….I only managed to get £35 for mine so for an extra fiver you get a spare headset…

Northwind

Just to confirm, Cane Creek S3 bearing is interchangable, they’re generally around £12 for 2.

Lummox

Marvellous stuff thanks Northwind

rob-jackson
    Free Member

same question about 1.5″ bearings for hope headsets in preparation for when needed?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘can you get the hope headset bearing for less than £15?’ is closed to new replies.