Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • can you get Strava to check again for a segment ?
  • flap_jack
    Free Member

or if it missed it, it’s lost forever ?

njee20
    Free Member

As in you rode it, its not picked it up? Lost AFAIK.

muggomagic

You can raise a request with their help desk, but generally the reason it’s not picked it up is because there was too much GPS drift if so they won’t be able to match it.

Copied from the strava Zendesk
    A segment didn’t match my activity but it should have!
    Why does this happen?
    The most common reason a segment doesn’t match on a ride or run is because of GPS drift that occurred during recording of your activity. When we determine that a segment matches your activity, we look first at the start and endpoints, and make sure your data passes through those zones. Second, we make sure that at least 75% of the data in between matches the segment data. If any of these cases come up false, the segment will not match your activity or appear on your activity. 

What to do:
    If a segment should have matched your activity but didn’t please create a support ticket and include a link to the activity and to the segment page and we can try and match it for you. Sometimes we can manually match it for you but unfortunately, in some cases we can’t.

*As a side note, creating a segment from your activity and trying to “select” a segment detected as a duplicate in that process will not add the selected segment to your activity. The functionality is simply designed to let you know when duplicate segments exist, not to change what segments will match your activity. 

Zendesk link

Mackem

Try creating a new segment.

flap_jack
    Free Member

oh, well. 3 PRs today, but the one I really wanted didn’t record. C’est la guerre.

Will try even harder next time, although I was in full Alf Enders mode, and even crashed around a perfectly OK corner at 25mph. Iodine, oh the agony…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘can you get Strava to check again for a segment ?’ is closed to new replies.