Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Can you get 29er Slime tubes in the UK?
  • MrTall
    Free Member

Would like some of these for the winter but can’t find any in the UK. They are on Ebay USA so they obviously exist.

My folks are off to the states later in the week so could probably get me some but i’d prefer to buy them here is it’s possible?

Anybody seen some?

TooTall
    Free Member

Erm…..

Why?

MrTall
    Free Member

Because i don’t ride tubeless and i don’t like changing punctures in the cold and the wet???

I’ve happily used 26″ ones in the past on my old bikes but as i’m all 29er now i’d like a couple as i think generally they work pretty well.

Sam

Stans or similar in a normal tube?

clubber
    Free Member

Er… I’ve been using Scwalbe 26″ tubes (removeable cores) with joes injected in my 29er – cheaper and I get control over how much sealant to use. FWIW, they still pinch if you hit them hard enough though.

MrTall
    Free Member

I do have some 29er Scwalbe tubes with removeable cores which i guess i could use, i just don’t like the faff and buying them ready made would be a better option given that it shouldn’t be more than £15 for a pair.

What’s the best sealant to put in, Joes? Stans? Slime? Any others?

Cheers

Sam

You don’t need removable cores, just put a (small) hole in the tube and squirt it in. That said, I’d just as soon go tubeless.

As for sealant, I’m liking Caffelatex. And as it doesn’t have bits in it there’s no need to even make a hole in the tube, you can just squirt it in straight past the valve.

TooTall
    Free Member

I only ask as my LBS slimed a tube in a 10″ pram wheel at the weekend – at the request of the pram owner. It was so lumpy and wobbly when he spun it I’d never have that myself in such a big wheel.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Can you get 29er Slime tubes in the UK?’ is closed to new replies.