Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Can you convert 08 Revelations to take a maxle?
  • Northwind

I know the 09 has a maxle option, anyone know if it’s possible to retrofit the lowers onto an 08 model? Just got a set of convertable wheels so since the forks’ll need serviced sooner or later just wondering if I can upgrade them at the same time…

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Probably cheaper to flog the fork and buy a new one. New lowers will cost a bit…

Northwind

Hmm, might be actually. But then I’d probably have to tweak the right height too, can’t use 140mm with a Soul and I like the 100mm setting. I’ve a feeling it’s less expensive than you’d think but, maybe not cheap still…

DomC
    Free Member

I’ve just had a quick look here and I can’t see any Rev Maxle lowers, but I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that the Maxle Revs use Pike Maxle lowers (then again, I might have just imagined it) so you might be able to pick some of them up and a Rev decal kit et voila. Maybe 😕

Northwind

I’ll have a word with The Experts I guess, they’re already overdue a service but I’m going to wait til they actually show some signs of not being awesome before I send them in :mrgreen: I think you’re right about teh Pike thing actually, I read that somewhere else. Cheers!

Rockplough
    Free Member

Aren’t the stanchions further apart on maxle forks? 20mm hubs are 110mm wide but QRs are 100mm. If that’s right then 09 lowers won’t fit on the 08 crown.

retro83
    Free Member

Aren’t the stanchions further apart on maxle forks? 20mm hubs are 110mm wide but QRs are 100mm. If that’s right then 09 lowers won’t fit on the 08 crown.

The dropout is just offset a little bit on maxle forks. The stanchions are the same width apart.

The RRP on replacement lowers is £200 I think.

johnjrubadub
    Free Member

I very much doubt it. And even if it’s possible I would agree with Troutwrestler – cheaper to flog them and buy a whole new fork. Also I’m pretty sure that you can’t get the 20mm version with external travel adjust (if that’s what your current forks have) so could be compatibility issue there. They should however have internal travel adjust so you could ask your LBS if they can make the change for you at point of sale…

z1ppy
    Northwind

Interesting link Zippy, cheers. The Traversees have removable spacers sort of similiar to the Hopes so it’d be easy enough to get something machined up to suit, I hadn’t thought of that (I have a lathe myself but I’m a disaster with it) Hmm.

TBH I’ve never felt any glaring issue with the front end, I’m partly just thinking out loud since now I have wheels that can do it so easily. I’ll see what TF say. If the fork leg spacing and the stanchion diameter is the same then it’s not impossible that it’ll work, the u-turn adjuster is all in the upper part as far as I know too. But you never know if there’s differences inside the legs of course.

sssimon
    Free Member

new revs use pike lowers but these won’t work for you because the lower dimensions are differen on the 08 ones (the drp outs sit lower in relation to the lower end of the damping rods.

I’ve done the research and the good news is 09 reba lowers will work, bad news is they ar £209 plus maxle, seals and bushes

so, do what I did and sell your 08 one (£150-180 odd for a sh set these days seems to be going rate) and buy a set of 2009 ones

PS all Rockshox fors from sid-pike use the same stanchion diameter and spacing (32mm 115mm)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

yeah that looks mechanically much better than a standard 9 sleeve-axle and 5mm QR. I want one for my Fox120 RL QR:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Can you convert 08 Revelations to take a maxle?’ is closed to new replies.