Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • can you capture internet radio streams to mp3?
  • sadexpunk

its punk month on 6 music :-D, and a fair few progs are early hours of morning, or when im at work. hopefully i can ‘listen again’ to the programmes, but could i also record them to mp3 to listen in the car?

will any particular software sort that out for me?

thanks

zzjabzz
    Free Member

You could use Audacity (free) to rip the stream to a .wav, then save it as .mp3, so yes, you can.

zippykona

I record the Huey Show by the above means and listen to it with my breakfast.

DezB
    Free Member

See this is where Minidisc was perfect. There’s nothing I would record on the radio these days (well, there probably is, but I don’t know about it!) but in the later JP days and then the Breezeblock I would record the shows onto minidisc, listen in my car the next day. Then I would copy off the stuff I wanted to keep editing out the DJ. Perfect. Still got loads of em. Bloody MP3 pah!

scaredypants

dez you can do pretty much all that with audacity, I think

zzjabzz
    Free Member

You might be better off just getting the playlist and ripping the tracks from Spotify in your own time, they will be DJ-less and complete.

DezB
    Free Member

dez you can do pretty much all that with audacity, I think

Yeah, I’m sure you can – staring at a wav file on the computer screen!
    It’s nowhere near as good I tell ya 🙂

scaredypants

audacity will try to find gaps in the music for you too I think, to split up tracks

and yeah, some songs look better than they sound anyway !

zippykona

I just listen to the shows, then buy what I like.
    Fairly ethical I feel.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Dez,I used to do that as well. I liked how you could ‘T’ mark points in the recording and delete any size out of the recording. Great for swear words in shop friendly recordings!

grum
    Free Member

Audio Hijack on the mac is a nice app for it, but audacity works too.

Del

using audacity sounds pretty faffy when you can use this chap’s very functional piece of software

DezB
    Free Member

Looks good that, Del. cheers 🙂

sadexpunk

Great stuff. Thanks chaps 🙂

Del

8)
    i got it from here in the first place, so what goes around…

sadexpunk

just tried to find john lydons show from last night on that software, but no good. it implies itll capture anything on iplayer (which JLs show is), but i cant find it in the list of available progs. can anyone advise??

ill d/load audacity just in case to try that too.

cheers

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

You can record radio on Tune in radio pro android app if that helps.Was going free a while back

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I-player on your smartphone for programmes in the last month.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Also many of these shows are now available as podcasts.Especially those on the BBC.

mboy
    Free Member

Minidiscs were ace Dez. In their time.

As the price of CDR’s and CDRW’s tumbled though, they quickly nailed the coffin shut on the minidisc as CD’s had always been more convenient, and more widely playable, but now they were cheaper too.

Recording it all and then editing in Audacity or similar (I prefer Sony Soundforge, but sadly it’s not free, it’s only about £25 as a download though of you could be naughty!!!) is sooooo much quicker and easier though.

michaelzaky
    Free Member

Start Your Own Radio on your Web Site or Forum as low as $4.95 /Month + FREE Web Hosting :: http://www.AZ-StreamingServer.com

http://az-network.com/billing/aff.php?aff=008&pid=1&carttpl=slider&systpl=azss

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘can you capture internet radio streams to mp3?’ is closed to new replies.