Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can weak mobile signal cause the mobile to go straight to voicemail?
  • globalti
    Free Member

My two colleagues and I have realised that we have exactly the same problem: with identical S4s on Vodaphone, all phones working OK outside the office but when inside all our calls get diverted straight to voicemail. Our phone supplier has been working on this since Monday, we’ve tried a new SIM and tried swopping SIMs between phones with the same result.

All three of us have only two bars in the office but full strength outside in the car park. Colleagues on EE and Orange have full signal in the office. Can Vodaphone check for signal black spots and install a local booster?

gonefishin
    Free Member

We have a simlar problem in our office, although with different suppliers. Mobile phone operators can install boosters but whether they will or not is another matter.

mega
    Free Member

yes and yes

EE put one in my home and now it works well. The booster uses your internet connection.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Can Vodaphone check for signal black spots and install a local booster?

Yes (although unlikely) and yes (although more likely you could sort it yourself).

The booster, you can pick up a vodafone suresignal for about £40 or £50 on ebay. Or you could hassle vodafone customer service and maybe get one for free.

I’ve got one. It works great – providing the broadband doesn’t go tits up.

fbk
    Free Member

I’ve got an S4 and it does seem a to exaggerate the amount of signal it’s actually got – I’ve often had calls cut out when the phone was convinced it still had signal.

MrGrim

Our phone supplier has been working on this since Monday

It sounds like you have a business account. Would be surprised if Vodafone don’t send out a free Sure Signal. I use one in the house for work and it’s fine most of the time. You can add several numbers to the same Sure Signal account.

globalti
    Free Member

Our IT manager, stung by the fact that I’ve been working on this while he doesn’t seem to care a toss, has finally got off his backside, come up and fiddled with our phones and realised that it’s a problem with the Manchester 4G signal, which is weak in our office. As soon as you switch the phone to 3G (?) it shows full strength signal and calls come straight through.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can weak mobile signal cause the mobile to go straight to voicemail?’ is closed to new replies.