Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Can we arrange a none trail Centre AM ride for FAIRHURST
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

After reading his thread i feel a little sorry for him as he has never experienced non-trail centre riding. Who fancies arranging a meet up and ride with him to show their locale? I am a starter for ten – what do you say fairhurst, i may also let you borrow some flats and 5:10s 🙂

Genuine offer here btw – no pisstaking!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Sounds like a plan but it will need to be well gnar to make it worthwhile.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

What about norfolk?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Its a bit too hilly over there.

Joking aside how about the Peak? I’m sure somebody could come up with a sufficiently rocky/challenging route.

fairhurst
    Free Member

I am flattered by the offer. 😳

it would be an honour- pleasure to meet up with you yes indeed,i still dont see the problem with trail centres but hey ho.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I personally have no problem with trail centres but it is good to mix it up a bit.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

it would be an honour- pleasure to meet up with you yes indeed,i still dont see the problem with trail centres but hey ho.

You do, you just don’t know it yet 😛

Peaks, that way those that want to come on rigid singlespeeds and CX bikes can do, and we can wait for them at the bottom.

fairhurst
    Free Member

i only have an AM bike so that will be my steed of the day.

i am seriously considering the new Orange Gyro 29er!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

game on – fairhurst when is good for you and your “partner/close colleague”? I take it you are busy sessioning the am trail centres for a few weeks?

I_Ache
    Free Member

and we can wait for them at the bottom.

lol

I don’t think we should be bikeist and only limit it to AM bikes. That way when somebody passes me uphill, and they will, I can use the weight of my bike as an excuse 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Problem with the Peak is there are no ‘mountains’. Plenty of rocks, jumps, drops, but no mountains.

Even the Lakes struggles for 2000ft decents if we’re going strictly by the ‘all-mountain must include a mountain’ definition. Skiddaw’s the biggest vertial decent by bridelway in the UK, the climb to the top is a right f****r though.

faz083
    Free Member

I suppose this is spurred from a prior thread? Link?

fairhurst
    Free Member

I have a full month booked up for the forseeable future.

But after that we should be free to ride wherever.

llamaknob
    Free Member

Ill have some of that.Dark Peak,Jacobs Ladder is a good ride from Edale.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I don’t think we should be as pedantic as some. IMO we need to open fairhurst’s eyes as to what else cycling can be. I think one of the problems is that he is from Norfolk and it is a little flat their so by default there arn’t going to be any big descents that would be fun on an AM bike.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I always found Jacobs ladder a bit mehhhhhhhhhh, but then I don’t like the beast (aka fluffy kitten) and the roman road either, but MBR seem to think they’re the best rides since sliced bread was first served at fairholmes.

Current favourite loop is a slight deviation from one of last years Peaks Pootles (with 2 added climbs/decents) .

Edale, up Mam tor, straight over the other side down the footpath to the corner on the broken road (or the brideway to castleton, but thats a balls of a climb back up again), up the broken road, allong the top, down cavedale, up the road to pindale, down pindale, cement works, road/BOAT up and brideway down bradwell edge, back down the cement works, up the broken road, and back down mamm tor into edale.

Rocky, bouncy, jumpy, cornery trail tastic.

llamaknob
    Free Member

The Mach1 trail in Machynlleth,and we could do,Tony The Tiger at Climachx on the way home, a few pints in that little boozer at the bottom of the trail to finish arrrrhhh.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

no trail centres tho

I_Ache
    Free Member

Ok so far we have had the ideas of the Peak and fairhurst is busy for a month or so. So are we looking at June?

Can anybody plan a ride for all ability’s that incorporates some tough DHs that could be minced down on cx bikes. It could be the next peaks pootle. I’m hoping pootle as I am fat and slow.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Peak for me please

rob-jackson
    Free Member

What about Fairhust meets fairholmes?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Sounds like a good idea to me. We could get a little cheeky and ride Derwent Edge and loop down for a pint or two at the Ladybower Inn then onwards to maybe the Beast and back to the carpark. Not that far but a good example of wild riding including a bit of hike a bike. We could make it longer if anybody knows the area well, I don’t. Possibly ride down to cutgate at the start just for the decent, then onto Derwent edge?

andeh

I’m in……but only if you can guarentee some gnar shredding and sweet booters.

It’ll be nice to put faces to names.

wrecker
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nBEIPZl5d0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Is this really what you’re calling all mountain?
    It looks fun but actually less technically challenging than some trail centres.

BadlyWiredDog

MBR seem to think they’re the best rides since sliced bread was first served at fairholmes.

I’m not sure sliced bread has ever been served there. Pies yes, cakes, yes, sliced bread? Only to the ducks in fragments. Anyway, you should go down one of those tracks that if I mention the name on here people will immediately throw a mahoosive ‘access all rightousness we know better than you cheeky wails’ hissy fit, you know the one – stream, Brian, downwards, reservoir etc. That would do it, no?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Wrecker nobody is suggesting we go on an AM ride but a ride to show fairhurst what he is missing. And as for that Derwent Edge vid, that does indeed look dull I havnt ridden that part. The bit i am thinking heads south, that looks north, and is a proper rock fest in parts. I will have a dig around and see if I can find a vid.

wrecker
    Free Member

Fair enough I Ache but the title may be a little misleading……. I read it as a (non trail centre) AM ride.

fairhurst
    Free Member

Wrecker that video of the peaks looks hard to me!

I_Ache
    Free Member

The trail I rode comes down from Back Tor down past Salt Cellar and Wheel Stones to Whinstone Lee Tor. Then heading east to Cutthroat Bridge and then down to the Ladybower Inn.

[Img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7140/7075951085_78646def3d.jpg[/img]

I_Ache
    Free Member

Oh yea fair do. That’s my fault for not checking properly, maybe we are suggesting an AM ride. Or maybe he means morning.

I can’t find a vid or even pics while on my phone and will try harder with my laptop later.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Can we arrange a none trail Centre AM ride for FAIRHURST’ is closed to new replies.