Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Can Twitter do this?
  • timwillows
    Free Member

I fancy taking some photos of the flocks of seagulls that seem to follow ploughing tractors, so is there any way, perhaps using twitter, that I can find out which fields are being ploughed when?

TheBrick
    Free Member

If you started a #ploughingwatch tag maybe? I doubt farmers twitter where they are about to plough and if they did you would have to know which field “the top field” was or “the field with the hollow tree”, or “the field next to the railway line near the jones’s farm”. (these are all actual fields).

andyl
    Free Member

If you started a #ploughingwatch tag maybe?

In all honesty I think that would get mistaken for something else given the ratio of deviants to farmers who use twitter.

wwaswas

Get contact details for local farming contractors and ask them?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A flock of seagulls, you say?

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Look out for the corn being harvested. It will be ploughed soon after usually around august time.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Pos a bit late for ploughing.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

CFH – how very apt. A squabble of seagulls.

Drac

There must be a plough tracker app.

Why the **** would twitter allow this?

itstig

I was ploughing all day today no seagulls or rooks followed me, ps I was in the trackside field.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Seagulls follow the trawler because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

IANAFarmer but pretty sure seagulls dont flock after ploughs unless its very near the sea.

spooky_b329

Ask the seagulls, a couple of weeks ago my wife was pondering over how the seagulls knew where the farmer was going to plough next 😆

P.S Yes, I am near the sea.

ambientcoast
    Free Member

I was watching a fishing boat on the horizon a few weeks ago that looked like it was on fire with plumes of smoke coming from it.

As it got closer that ‘smoke’ turned out to be about 5 million seagulls.

Does that help?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Plough end the last stubble round me last week (notts) was rammed with gulls. Where they come from is anyone’s guess. Isn’t a fact that most sea gulls have never seen the sea?

project
    Free Member

Seagulls cant TWEET,

timwillows
    Free Member

Seems like a NO then, I;ll have to rely on luck

chakaping
    Free Member

Maybe use Uber instead?

I’m sure there’s a box you can tick to request a tractor.

paul4stones

Most of the ploughing happened about six months ago round here. We are right in the middle of the country but there are seagulls. They don’t tweet, as above, more of a sqwark.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Can Twitter do this?’ is closed to new replies.