Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Can STW go a day without Southerners mentioning the Olympics.?
  • donsimon
    Free Member

As title, it’s all a bit boring, innit?

Hohum
    Free Member

Very!

Thankfully there is little talk of it up here.

My manager was talking about “Mo Farrah” at lunchtime. I thought he was talking about where he was going on holiday next week.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well I’ve just spent the whole day in the South, and I haven’t heard anyone talk about the Olympics. So in answer to that question, yes – apparently so.

donsimon
    Free Member

Don’t watch BBC london, ernesto?

CountZero

The what?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No I don’t. Maybe don’t watch BBC London if you find the content boring ? Just a thought.

Or if you’re really bored about the Olympics then don’t start another thread where the central theme is the Olympics……there’s another thought 💡

nickjb
    Free Member

This thread is the only mention I’ve heard today. Was it started by a Southerner?

yossarian
    Free Member

It is mentioned infrequently down here in Kent. I would say overall that people are happy it’s coming and proud to be hosts. This is a normal reaction to hosting the biggest and most inclusive sporting occasion on the planet, a priviledge accorded to few places.

Northerners – Leave your jealousy and cynicism at Watford gap. If the Olympics were happening up north you’d all be like a dog with 2 dicks. And you know it.

Sandwich

No a peevish Northern type apparently, with low blood sugar levels.

donsimon
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

No I don’t. Maybe don’t watch BBC London if you find the content boring ? Just a thought.

Or if you’re really bored about the Olympics then don’t start another thread where the central theme is the Olympics……there’s another thought 💡
    A lot of words to say very little again, ernesto. 😥

Northerners – Leave your jealousy and cynicism at Watford gap. If the Olympics were happening up north you’d all be like a dog with 2 dicks. And you know it.

😆

footflaps

Can’t say anyone I know talks about it at all round these parts (darkest Cambridgeshire).

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

A lot of words to say very little again, ernesto.

I’m rubbish at being concise.

Show me how it’s done and sum up what I’ve said in just a few words ?

Perhaps I need to get the hang of this.

cinnamon_girl

Olympics? Not happening in c_g’s world!

project
    Free Member

is the olympics the race series to get accomodation, parking, a train or tube,even something to eat, when all those foreigners arive wearing shell suits.

The ones who have no idea where anything is or how to use the transport system.

and the one we are going to have blanket coverage,of some sporty types sneezing,falling over etc etc, and denying they ever or have taken drugs.

Thankfully as welsh and now livin oop north it will have absolutely no effect,or intrest for me, except the cycling.

bikebouy
    Free Member

No one I know has even mentioned it.

I’m a southerner, living in the south and loving it.

Maybe you’ve got a chip on your shoulder cos’ you feel like your missing out..

Dunno like.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

More chips than silicone valley.

project
    Free Member

Maybe you’ve got a chip on your shoulder cos’ you feel like your missing out

missing out on over priced unavailable tickets,poor transport links that will break as soon a s a train or bus breaks down, causing gridlock,

chewkw
    Free Member

Olympics … what a major inconvenience … sshhhh go away.

Let Iran or North Korea or Brazil, India, Kazakhstan, Indonesia, Nigeria etc host it.

yossarian
    Free Member

Project proves it.

The highlights will be out on VHS by Christmas, enjoy it then.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆 @ VHS

geoffj

I’m rubbish at being concise.
    Show me how it’s done and sum up what I’ve said in just a few words ?
    Perhaps I need to get the hang of this.

Ernie haikuised

BBC London dull
    Olympics filling forum voids
    Not another please

jon1973
    Free Member

The highlights will be out on VHS by Christmas

Pffft. VHS? It will never take off, I’m glad I went for Beta.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Love the fact the Olympics is being hosted in London.
    Why would anyone not be proud?

Northeners can enjoy having great black pudding (see other thread) and us Southeners can enjoy a world-wide spectacle of the greatest show on earth.

chewkw
    Free Member

Watching Olympics is like loving up to Chairman Mao … 😆

convert

It’ll be happening less than 60 miles away from my front door but it might as well be the other side of the world the amount I feel included in it (despite putting in for a bunch of tickets). I must get around to finding out what sort of experience you’ll get by just getting on the train to London and just “hanging around” whilst the Olympics is on without tickets for any events.

I’m all up for being proved wrong when they are on but a few months out I’m not sensing the love for being the nation to host the games.

chewkw
    Free Member

I am just going set up stalls to sell junks to tourists … 😆

Nobody is talking about it here in the NE …

donsimon
    Free Member

I’m all up for being proved wrong when they are on but a few months out I’m not sensing the love for being the nation city to host the games.

😉

convert

Too true. So what’s with the southern jibe in the title? Us south coasters are just as much out of it as you northern monkeys.

donsimon
    Free Member

Too true. So what’s with the southern jibe in the title?

It was a bit of fun and not at all serious. Follow the links, loving the comments all the same. 😀

convert

Just don’t like being grouped in with those London types. Must be what it’s like to be Canadian!

chewkw
    Free Member

don simon – Member
    It was a bit of fun and not at all serious. Follow the links, loving the comments all the same.

Crikey … it will be on 24hrs a day on all TV channels … we’re doomed!

mcboo
    Free Member

When I’m in the olympic stadium on the evening of 10th August I promise not to talk about any part of Britain that took a side in the War of the Roses

muddydwarf
    Free Member

McBoo – that would mean not mentioning any part of Britain or Ireland then seeing as the Scots fought for Margaret of Anjou and the House of Lancaster, the Kentish and large parts of the South fought for the House of York, Irish levies fought for the House of York, Welsh troops fought for both Houses etc etc… 😛

(WOTR re-enactor)

trailmonkey

hehe nice one md 😆

there’s no hiding place here

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Can STW go a day without Southerners mentioning the Olympics.?’ is closed to new replies.