Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • can someone recommend me so free laptop virus etc protection
  • karnali
    Free Member

as it says really

thanks in advance

molgrips
    Free Member

Windows 7 – Microsoft Security Essentials
    Windows 8 – nothing is needed.

highclimber
    Free Member

Microsoft Security essentials, CCleaner and Malwarebytes.

Longarmedmonkey

AVG – it works for me!

alanl
    Free Member

Do you really need Windows?

I’ve been running Ubuntu here for the last year, and find it excellent. Free software, never had a document I couldnt open etc.
    And the main thing, no virus or malware.

unovolo
    Free Member

Windows 8 – nothing is needed.

Educate me- why is this the case, I’m using Win 8.1 and using Bitdefender free.
    Am I wasting my time with the additional anti virus?

Greybeard
    Free Member

I’m using Avast, have done for years, works well. A bit irritated recently by all the extras they try to push.

takisawa2

Avast, on the advice of the global IT chap, who knows more than me.

molgrips
    Free Member

Educate me- why is this the case

As I understand it, MSE and defender come with W8 already.

The best thing about MSE is that it doesn’t go on and on about what it’s doing, it just does what you probably want in silence. I had Kaspersky, paid for by my bank, but it was a pain in the arse:

run_ghb32.dll wants to change /AppData/Local/2342-23423-543-654.cab, are you sure you want to let it do this?

Er how the hell should I know? Just shut up and guess, cos that’s all I’m going to do.

Port scan detected from 12.211.8.96 Oh really – well thanks for letting me know 🙄

highclimber
    Free Member

Anti-virus are viruses in themselves – they are annoying and almost impossible to get rid off once you realise how annoying they are.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘can someone recommend me so free laptop virus etc protection’ is closed to new replies.