Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • can someone check something for me please? android/iplayer/TMS content
  • Stoner
    Free Member

I can’t seem to see 5 live sports extra in my live radio station list in iplayer on my android tablet so I have to use the embedded flash radio player in my browser on the BBC sport site.

Just me? Is it not a live iplayer station?

Stoner
    Free Member

Well you lot arent much help.

Back at my desk again now and find that:

5 Live and 5 Live Sports Extra

Unfortunately the BBC does not have the relevant rights for all of the sports content on 5 Live and 5 Live Sports Extra for mobile. You can listen to these stations on a desktop computer.

So i’ll have to install tunein radio I think.

zokes
    Free Member

The BBC, and the ‘rights’ owners need to wizen up to the concept of the internet at some point…

jfletch
    Free Member

Wait – So the BBC can broadcast the coverage via

Regular Radio
    Digital Radio
    The internet

but they can’t stream it to a mobile phone VIA THE INTERNET.

Despite the fact that every mobile phone capable of listening via the iPlayer is also capable of listening via the internet as well.

That is properly mental.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So i’ll have to install tunein radio I think.

zokes’ comment is true but tunein is an excellent app.

Stoner
    Free Member

The internet

Im guessing that overseas iplayer users cant access 5live sports extra either. It will be a national restriction, not a platform one.

Stoner
    Free Member

tunein working fine indeed.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Im guessing that overseas iplayer users cant access 5live sports extra either.

It doesn’t. 🙁

zokes
    Free Member

Im guessing that overseas iplayer users cant access 5live sports extra either. It will be a national restriction, not a platform one.

That would depend on your apparent IP address, which kind of highlights my point 😉

jfletch
    Free Member

Overseas users can listen via the internet though. The URL is here: http://bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r5lsp.asx

Bonkers.

URLs for every BBC radio station are here: http://bbcstreams.com/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘can someone check something for me please? android/iplayer/TMS content’ is closed to new replies.