Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Can somebody tell me why this is still happening?
  • seadog101

DSC_0839

Went for a ride, and came back with feet so cold and wet and painful I was ready to give it up for good.

Rorschach
    Free Member

global warming innit….

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Um, because it’s winter?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Really did you see Milan San Remo yesterday?? Only then will you really know cold! 😉

seadog101

Winter? There’s daffodils in that snow, choccy eggs as far as I can see, we’re past mothers day, and most of March is done for…

1981miked
    Free Member

I thought they called it climate change nowadays.. Can’t fool me with your global warming rubbish… It’s bloody freezing and wet ALL YEAR!!

Bring on global warming I say.. Lets get some frikkin heat in the country.

Can we not get loads of big ships.. Attach huge ground anchors to Dover Cliffs and drag this dreech, drizzly, windy, cold, wet, grey, gloomy place south of the equator?

Not had a summer for years.. It’s either wet and cold season or wet and mild season…

Kryton57

You know there’ll be a hosepipe ban in September, don’t you?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I vote we turn around those huge Air Turbines around, turn them on and blow back the Notherlies were having.

Logic no?

darrell
    Free Member

try living here in Norway you bl00dy jessies

Kevevs
    Free Member

**** knows. Where do you live? It seems to very blue and purple where you live and your windows seem to be covered in seagull spunk.

CountZero

Back in the ’70s, the big worry was global cooling, leading to more extremes in weather, colder winters, more rain, etc.
    The latest figures from the Met Office and other sources indicates that global temperatures have been stable for the last couple of decades or so, and do appear to be dropping…

1981miked
    Free Member

Sounds like a great idea.. Lets blow this country down near Spain.. Nice hot summers and mild winters. I’m really rather sick of this county and its shit weather! If it ain’t raining, it’s windy, if the wind stops the rain starts, then the mist comes in, dull overcast days, then the harr blows in off the North Sea and turns a summer day into a cold and overcast winters day.

The planet has been heating up and cooling down for millions of years.. Hence the Ice Age.. It’s just an excuse to scare Monger and tax us!

Ah the irony of the hosepipe ban..

Em hosepipes were banned… In the wettest year on record! Dime Bar!

ormondroyd
    Free Member

The latest figures from the Met Office and other sources indicates that global temperatures have been stable for the last couple of decades or so, and do appear to be dropping…

SHENANIGANS!

ormondroyd
    Free Member

http://metofficenews.wordpress.com/2012/10/14/met-office-in-the-media-14-october-2012/

“As we’ve stressed before, choosing a starting or end point on short-term scales can be very misleading. Climate change can only be detected from multi-decadal timescales due to the inherent variability in the climate system. If you use a longer period from HadCRUT4 the trend looks very different. For example, 1979 to 2011 shows 0.16°C/decade (or 0.15°C/decade in the NCDC dataset, 0.16°C/decade in GISS). Looking at successive decades over this period, each decade was warmer than the previous – so the 1990s were warmer than the 1980s, and the 2000s were warmer than both. Eight of the top ten warmest years have occurred in the last decade.”

Stoner
    Free Member

and no one has yet blamed binners?

martinxyz
    Free Member

That’s what it was like on todays ride. Hardly any wind in the forest meant the flakes were falling nice and slowly which was nice. Also found heaps of frog spawn.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I just hope hope hope in 3 or 4 months time it is so dry and dusty this forum is dead for weeks on end from people riding bikes and sitting in the evening sun supping a nice cold one. Or the forum is frothing with summery activity and sunny photo’s. LET’S HOPE!!

mtbfix

try living here in Norway you bl00dy jessies

At least you get a proper winter there. Freezing temps and snow that you can ski on. Unlike us with cold wind, unceasing rain and chilly temp. This is a good for nothing winter. Curse it!

white101

I was going through some pics on my phone last night to see what I was doing a year ago (and it looked like I was shopping for perfume for the Mrs and sending pics to the daughter to confirm correct smellies)

Any way was looking through others and 3rd April rding at GT loads and loads of white stuff, was great fun but very cold.

dan1980
    Free Member

Rorschach – Member
    global warming innit….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQlHaGhYoF0[/video]

Northwind

seadog101 – Member

Winter? There’s daffodils in that snow, choccy eggs as far as I can see, we’re past mothers day, and most of March is done for…

We get more white easters than white Christmasses apparently.

Drac

It’s March it snows in March and April too.

Kevevs
    Free Member

got family photo’s of my uncle and aunt getting married in early may, in the snow! probably a bit cold too. maybe a bit wet the week before. It’s crap. but it’s that time o year. It’s good to moan though.. let it out 😀 It’s the British way. it’ll be too hot in August.. phew (x fingers)

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Heard someone say it’s like living north of the wall in ‘game of thrones’ – sums it up – bl00dy rain and snow, getting sick of it

busydog
    Free Member

Much as I love warm/hot dry weather, we here in New Mexico, USA would love to have some of your wet weather. We have had 4 inches of rain in the last 14 months,mountain snowpack is about 60% below normal and the Rio Grande river is running dry in places—and next will be another summer of wildfires.

However, the riding is great!!!

seadog101

For the record – I do not live in Siberia, just humble County Durham.

And, yes, it is still snowing this morning…..

🙄

Klunk
    Free Member

we’ve been spoiled over the last few years by early mild and dry springs just a bit of pay back is all.

Drac

And, yes, it is still snowing this morning…..

It’s still March this am too even in Durham.

zbonty

I was having a picnic in the local woods at this time last year. Jeans and T-shirt in the photos!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Makes for a nice bike ride occasionally, but I am fed up of it and want to get on with work and spring biking!

fervouredimage
    Free Member

It’s just the saturated ground that’s bugging me. Don’t mind it being cold or grey but so much snow and rain this winter has just turn the ground everywhere to mush. I can’t step outside without sinking into the ground. My lawn is a sorry sight and the trails are in an awful mess. They’ll soon dry out with a few days of sunshine but its hard to see that at this point.

seadog101

I’ve just driven 15 miles from home, and there’s not a flake in sight!

onehundredthidiot

It snowed in March and June in 1976 (around edinburgh), a year known for being quite warm.

Much higher chance of snow in March/April than in Nov/Dec. Assuming you don’t live North of eth central belt.

johnellison
    Free Member

Um, because it’s winter?

^^This.

It’s not spring until 7:02am on the 20th March. Which is tomorrow. No complaints until then please.

Houns

Snow in March shocker

Lifer
    Free Member

CountZero – Member
    Back in the ’70s, the big worry was global cooling, leading to more extremes in weather, colder winters, more rain, etc.

You are James Delingtroll and ICM5£

bikebouy
    Free Member

On the coast today we have 11C and only one short burst of Rain.

I claim that a Spring Day.

onehundredthidiot

Actually back to OP it’s because you’ve got the wrong footwear on.

Northwind

Today was the worst snow ever 🙁 Totally disappointing.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I took the dog out this morning wearing walking boots, gaiters, waterproof jacket and trousers, fleece, hat and gloves…… Toasty warm and the dog had a ball jumping about in the snow

It’s snow, enjoy it, what’s not to like, you get to wear all your cool north pole type clothing and can pretend you’re on an adventure

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Can somebody tell me why this is still happening?’ is closed to new replies.