• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ART.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Can somebody recommend some good flats MTB shoes for my wife please?
  • neiloxford
    Free Member

As per title please

wallop

I have Five Tens. Sam Hills to be precise. Some can be quite heavy so it’s worth trying before buying. Shimano AM41s or similar also good – not as stiff as the Five Tens but this does mean they are lighter.

chakaping
    Free Member

Have a looksee if the Sombrio shoes are still cheap on CRC, they’re good.

matt1986
    Free Member

If your looking for a cheaper option I find vans really grippy, but nothing comes close to 5-10’s

neiloxford
    Free Member

Think I will go with trying to find her some 5-10’s. Do the sizes come up big or small? she has thin feet…

wallop

I’m a size 8 but my Five Tens are a 7.5.

Defo get her to try some on – I tried a few pairs before settling on the ones I bought.

alpin
    Free Member

Nike Mogan…. you can find them at Nike Outlet stores for around 20 quid.

Coyote
    Free Member

5-10 wearer here. My last pair just fell apart and in these austere times I couldn’t justify another pair. I went for the Sombrio Floats on CRC and they are awesome. Just as grippy as 5-10 and a very stiff sole. I had to go up 1/2 a size though as they are quite narrow, perfect for your partner.

cinnamon_girl

Another vote for 5:10’s

ART

If she’s got thin feet then you might wanna look at the Shimano/ Sombrio offerings first. 5:10s are all the [good] things people say they are, but (IMHO) they are also quite ‘clumpy’ and if she’s got thin feet then she’ll really notice that. I’ve got on really well with the old AM40s, although both my pairs have pretty much disintegrated now, so have just got some Sombrio Shazams last time CRC did their best price drop and they are a nice shape/ stiffness/ plenty grippy and they go down to small sizes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Can somebody recommend some good flats MTB shoes for my wife please?’ is closed to new replies.