Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Can some one tell me about bike hemets for babies
  • pat12
    Free Member

My one year (and a bit) old has just started going on my bike, on a we-ride front facing seat.

We have helmet, some strange brand we got from halfords. It was the only one they had at the time but it looks like its made out of paper mache. Its an XS but seems to flop over her eyes even when done up tight.

I’d like to get one by a reputable(ish) helmet manufacturer if possible but struggling to find one that small enough. Went into evans yesterday but didn’t get much sense regarding the sizes they have (polite version)

Anyone bought similar?

thanks in advance

scuttler

Giro ones fitted ours from probably that sort of age.

http://www.giro.com/eu_en/products/youth/helmets.html

My only pro tip is to teach them to hold their head back and still when clipping up – that fastex buckle only has to nip once and they’ll be terrified of the damn thing!

danrandon
    Free Member

We used the Specialized Small Fry helmets for our mini me. Found the fit excellent and coverage very good as well. Its been renamed to the Mio and fits from 46 to 51cm. They used to a smaller one so might be worth looking out for old stock

https://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/kids/helmets/mio/117042

JPR
    Free Member

We’ve got a wee-ride helmet. It’s got flames on it.

ransos
    Free Member

A Specialized fitted mini Ransos very nicely, I think she was about 18 months when I bought it. However, it didn’t fit micro Ransos, who must have an oddly-shaped head. We ended up buying a small adult Lazer helmet as it had a very good adjustment mechanism.

Sundayjumper

Spesh here too. A Small Fry originally, recently upgraded to a Shuffle.

sandwicheater

Giro here, he had a particularly small bonce.

timmys

When I was looking, ones actually from wee-ride were the smallest I could find at 44 cm.

http://www.weerideuk.co.uk/helmets.asp

That worked from about 9 months and then went he into a Giro.

pat12
    Free Member

Thanks all, first stop – measure her bonce (easier said than done)

ant77
    Free Member

Giro Scamp here.
    14 months old, xs.
    Is very light, good all round protection.
    Straps are a bit on the long side though. Need to get them all correct and trim it as they flap about, not good for aero…

GHill

Our youngest had a MET one from about that age. No complaints with it.

mossimus
    Free Member

My only pro tip is to teach them to hold their head back and still when clipping up – that fastex buckle only has to nip once and they’ll be terrified of the damn thing!

Really wish I had read this advice 5 years ago. Took 2 years after the incident to get the strap done up without a fight.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Can some one tell me about bike hemets for babies’ is closed to new replies.