Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Can my Fox F80 forks be adjusted to 100mm?
  • MrSpoon
    Free Member

From what i have read the difference between a Fox F80, F90 and F100 fork is a bung that limits the travel/compression.

I know that a F100 fork can be limited to just 80mm but can the bung in the F80 fork be changed so that the travel is increased to 100mm? Really are there no other differences between these forks?

Can anyone give me a definitive answer?

Tiboy

I've changed a mates f80s to 100mm, means removing a roll pin and moving a bung 20mm. can't say for sure but can say I've done it.

MrSpoon
    Free Member

Thanks Tiboy, much appreciated.

Off they go to Mojo on Tuesday then.

dickie
    Free Member

I believe the older ones you can, done it myself on Fox Float 80RL, but the newer ones you can't so I'm told.

jimw
    Free Member

I had a 2006 F80 RLC and emailed Mojo about this last year and was told it couldn't be done on that model – maybe on others though

uplink
    Free Member

IIRC – you'll need to fit a different compression rod

MrSpoon
    Free Member

Thanks guys, this discussion kind of explains why my riding friends had such contradictory responses.

They're 2007 model so likely to be a problem.

Tiboy

Hmmm, very possibly correct, ones I did were 2004 I think

mike_p
    Free Member

I thought you could shorten the long ones (100mm down to 80mm) but can't do what you want to… could be out of date on that though, and I used to have the RLT and X models which were different

chakaping
    Free Member

I enquired about extending my 2007 F80 while in for a service with TFT and they said definitely no, although you could on previous year models.

racefaceec90

sorry to hijack your post MrSpoon,but i have a pair of 06 fox float 120 rl forks that i want to reduce down to 100mm.i know that you can put a reducer clip to do this,but what i'm wondering is would it lower the height of the forks?(i'm hoping it would).i have an 08 s works stumpy hardtail.thanks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Can my Fox F80 forks be adjusted to 100mm?’ is closed to new replies.