Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Can I swap the lowers off a Fox f120 onto a Fox f100
  • santac
    Free Member

As above got the chance off some 15 bolt through that have come off a F120 and wondering if it’s a straight swap onto my F100? Or do I have to change some internals?
    Tried MOJO but there shut today.

Thanks for any advice

dickie
    Free Member

Yes I’d say.
    Let the air out of the fork & turn it upside down for an hour to let the oil drain into the uppers. Then take off the foot nuts & swop your lowers.
    Re inflate.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Just space them down to 100mm with the fox spacers only cheap a few quid of the fox site

cruzer
    Free Member

The lowers are the same on the f100 models, its only the stantions and internals that are different to make them as light as possible. It will be a straight swap providing that the years of the lowers and uppers are simlar since they messed about with the rebound cartridge over the years and i believe that the lowers on the later forks have a bigger hole

santac
    Free Member

It’s a 100mm fork going into 120 legs, so I’m thinking the lowers are the same length?
    So don’t think I will need spacers?

cruzer
    Free Member

Indeed, no spacers required 🙂 nice and easy straight swap

santac
    Free Member

cruzer is it as simple as dickie says above
    Let the air out of the fork & turn it upside down for an hour to let the oil drain into the uppers. Then take off the foot nuts & swop your lowers.
    ????????

santac
    Free Member

anyone?

santac
    Free Member

dirtyrider
    Thank you

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Can I swap the lowers off a Fox f120 onto a Fox f100’ is closed to new replies.