Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • can I run a short cage zee mech ?
  • bigwill
    Free Member

can I run a short cage zee mech on a 1×10 with a 42 expander ring on the rear, and a 32T on the front? and will it give me more chain tension than a medium cage xt mech?

paulthearcher
    Free Member

Just fitted a 40t t rex using a zee wide ratio rear mech and works a treat, but think that 42 may be pushing its limits as it is pretty much maxed out with the 40t.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

It will work better with a rad cage, but you need a new back plate too so it won’t be a short cage any more.

Northwind

Possibly. Different bikes have different amounts of chaingrowth which could make a difference. It won’t give you more chain tension though- it’ll probably give you less in fact at the extremes.

IIRC Oneup made their 40T specifically to improve short cage compatibility. Personally, I went medium XT + rad cage

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

40t was released for the Zee.. and even then some frames don’t support the setup

bigwill
    Free Member

cheers folks, yer seen it work on a 40T not a 42T, since moving to a 1×10 i seem to he dropping the chain a fair bit, even with a narrow wide and a clutch mech. tried one of those little bionicon thing, there crap, lasted amount 2 weeks. might look at a single speed mounted tensioner next.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘can I run a short cage zee mech ?’ is closed to new replies.