Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Can I ever where these Jerseys again!!
  • growinglad
    Free Member

I will hold my hand up.

I’ve read his books, I watched the tours, I used to go on to people who said he was doping and point out that he was one of the most tested athletes, there was no way he was doping….turns out that was a complete and utter crock o’shit3!

I actually bought a US postal service Jersey, long before I used to do road biking (it was cheap and in the bargain bucket) and I’ve also got a Discovery top…again, seem to remember it was cheaper than the rest.

I was just watching the Oprah interview….in my view he can never be forgiven, the only good he can do is bring down whoever is still in the sport and he knows for sure has been assisting with doping.

Anyways, I digress….

Would I actually be able to wear these jerseys again?? There’s nowt wrong with them and I should imagine they’ve got a few more years use left, I don’t like chucking stuff out until it’s completely used up…but in this instance I think I’d look a bit of a pratt wearing these team jerseys.

Anyone else in the same boat?

ahwiles
    Free Member

wear.

where.

they are different words.

no, don’t thank me.

johnners
    Free Member

I think I’d look a bit of a pratt wearing these team jerseys

Unless they’re actually team members, team jerseys always make the wearer look like a bit of a prat. At least now you can claim you’re wearing it “ironically”.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Wear what you like if any asks say you’ve always been a fan of George Hincapie, everyone still loves George despite him being complicit in the lie. Besides it was discovery channel that provided a stage for the lie to be exposed so in effect they (and you by association) are part of the solution, wear with pride.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Relax, you always looked a pratt in a team jersey anyway.

(Damn, beaten to it. Make mine a +1)

mtbfix

I have a 10/2 jersey with the yellow band on the arm. Is that equally tarnished?

Jamie
    Free Member

Even though it has been mentioned twice already, wearing team kit is a big enough sin in itself. At least the L. Armstrong thing gives it a certain topicality.

…now I’m off to Nike Store to see if I can get any discounted Livestrong merch.

Kryton57

Damn. I thought the OP was Lance…..

vinnyeh

Saw a local rider wearing one of these a week or two back… are they still socially acceptable?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Next you go to “score” some special tobbaco, you know what to wear. 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

will still be wearing my livestrong jersey.

despite it being built on a lie it still gave inspiration and hope to those in need.

growinglad
    Free Member

Wear. Correct, apologies, unlike me to make such a mistake.

It was the cheapest jerseys. For me paying over the top for Ralpha kit is a tad daft!

Now that I know I’ll be pissing people off twice….as I pass them (wwwohoohohho)…. I shall carry on wearing them untill they disintegrate.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

It was the cheapest jerseys

Erm, is wasn’t was it?

You are therefore complicit in the whole Armstrong cheating debacle.

BURN HIM!!!!

Kuco

Relax, you always looked a pratt in a team jersey anyway. to a noncyclist

stumpy01

I’ve got a bogey green jersey with yellow band on the sleeve.
    Didn’t even realise it was anything to do with Lance Armstrong until someone told me…

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

in this instance I think I’d look a bit of a pratt wearing these team jerseys

I googled for images of pratt – really? this is what you look like? i’m gonna get one of those jerseys for the missus

hp_source

TK Maxx had a load of livestrong yellow T’s in the last time I was in… quite cheap… might be cheaper again now 😉

mattsccm
    Free Member

But think of the value in the future. I bet in 10 years time a Jim’ll fix it badge or what ever will be worth a fortune.

growinglad
    Free Member

Erm, is wasn’t was it?

You are therefore complicit in the whole Armstrong cheating debacle.

BURN HIM!!!!

Probably was….For certain items I can make a Scottish bloke called Yishak McTightbutt look like a big spender.

Actually now I think about it…first one was cheap…I didn’t own a road bike in those days. The other one might have been a little bit of hero worship…..oh dear…guilty as accused….

Looks like it’s time to get some new road jerseys…..last seasons one’s mind you

Look after the Pennies….pounds look after themselves…. 😉

petrieboy

Mleh, jerseys are cheap to replace – what am I going to do with this?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Rattle cans from Halfords!

gravitysucks
    Free Member

mmmm same boat i’m afraid…

Bought a postal service jersey of the bay years ago for my kids to wear as it was cheap and came up after searching for childrens cycling jerseys.

Now the dilemma. My boy always wants to wear his team jersey (child version of the team i ride for) as he wants to be like me (God knows why). My little girl always goes for the postal service jersey as its a good fit for her…

I can see tears coming in the near future. Maybe I should by her a new jersey… so bloddy expensive though!

gravitysucks
    Free Member

awesome, just seen a rainbow jersey on the bay. I’ll buy her that and just tell her to ride faster

nick1962
    Free Member

Surely the time is right for some Lance shirts with his sponsor EPO scrawled all over it.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Can I ever where these Jerseys again!!’ is closed to new replies.