Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can I covert my poplock Pikes to manual lockout?
  • pimpmyride
    Free Member

Got some 2007 Pikes with poplock and would prefer the manual lockout with the blue lever.
    Can it be changed to this and if so does anyone know where to buy it or does anyone want to do a swap 🙂

PJay
    Free Member

I think that Peter Poddy did an online guide to doing this, but I found out by accident while servicing some old Dukes. From memory you remove the damping cyclinder and unhook the spring but hopefully someone can point you in the direction of PP’s guide so you can be sure.

retro83
    Free Member

The proper way to do it is to buy a new MoCo unit with the manual top cap, but as PJay mentions you can also bodge it by removing the spring. Personally though I would think that would devalue the forks as IIRC it is nigh on impossible to get the spring back on.

PJay
    Free Member

I managed to get my spring back on when I accidently detached it. The cyclinder itself will unscrew (reverse thread) from its threaded top.

You can also use a Poploc adjust that has a damping dial on the Poploc lever but I don’t know how well it works (I never seem to use mine).

TheSlider
    Free Member

As long as you don’t ‘covert’ your neighbours wife you should be fine….

RicB

I’ve heard of folk cutting the spring in the moco unit. Not tried it myself though…

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Bodge it!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can I covert my poplock Pikes to manual lockout?’ is closed to new replies.