Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • can I change my rear shock from this to this?
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

I have a rear shock that looks like this :

and wants to replace it to something that looks like this:

both is same 200×51 size? Is it just straight swap, my worry is that little thingy attached in the Monarch shock if there is adequate space in the frame . Frame is ASR5 .cheers

scaredypants

I don’t have one but googling makes it look like there’s plenty of space unless you want a bottle in there too – that might be tight

sellotape a bog-roll tube to your existing shock, let out all the pressure and cycle the suspension. See what happens

rhayter

You should be alright. Here’s a review of a Yeti ASR5 in Dirt magazine where they’re running an (older) Monarch.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

thanks dudes.. good thinking bog-roll tube , but it is actually little bit smaller than bog-roll that attached thingy right? debonair can is a bit bigger than normal as well.

thanks for that photo, that design I think is on size medium and up, small frame is flat toptube that meets the seatpost tube.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

I don’t have bog-roll available, but i think this will do. seems there is enough space in the frame, assuming the debonair can is of similar size than the RP23. what do you reckon? I dont put water bottles there.

scaredypants

looks like loads, but you should depressurise the shock and fully compress to see where the Bailey’s ends up

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘can I change my rear shock from this to this?’ is closed to new replies.