Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Can I borrow a 50mm stem off someone for a week or so?
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

I'm on the scrounge! I want to try out a 50mm stem on my Soul (currently got an 80mm on it) to see how it handles and also how the bike feel's fit-wise with a shorter cockpit before I do something drastic like spend some money on a new stem / frame!

I'm in the cheltenham area.

pedalhead
    Free Member

normal or oversize?

edit…actually mine's for a 1.5 steerer so probably not suitable.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Ah, if you were in London I've got one here you could have.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

normal ideally but have spare bars for oversize – Its for 1 1/8 though.

Talkemada – how about I pay postage??? 😉

Talkemada
    Free Member

TBH, it's quite heavy, and for all the postage you could probably pick one up secondhand! Bung an ad on classifieds. Bound to be something cheap floating around somewhere.

mboy
    Free Member

I have a 60mm stem for 31.8 bars you're more than welcome to borrow for a week or 2 if you want mate. 60mm really is short enough IME too except possibly for on a full on DH bike.

cookeaa

One of those 31.8 bar “eXotic” stems in 60mm is only about 13 squid (just ordered one last night myself to try out) off fleabay… it’s only 10mm innit…

Bushwacked
    Free Member

mboy – shouldn't you be working? 😉 60mm might do the job. When and where?

Talkemada – no worries – wouldn't want to injure my local postie!

mboy
    Free Member

Yes, I was at work… Just checked stw on my phone very briefly on a break though.

When/where? Well at your convenience mate. I'm in Cheltenham/Glos every day for work anyway.

Incidentally the stem is one of those eXotic stems talked about above, that I bought to try out length first. They're a lot better than they have any right to be for 13 quid too! Now I know 60mm is the length for me, I'm in no rush to buy anything any pimpier to be fair.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Mboy – YGM on your Gmail acct

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Can I borrow a 50mm stem off someone for a week or so?’ is closed to new replies.