Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Can c2w scheme still be topped up?
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Quick question for anyone thats recently used the c2w scheme through halfords – are you able to still top up on the value of the bike, for example buy a £1500 bike on a £1000 voucher where you pay the extra £500 at time of sale.

bigG
    Free Member

No

Gary_M
    Free Member

oh bollox

5lab

not at halfords. if you find a lbs who takes the voucher and feels a little cheeky you might get lucky

Gary_M
    Free Member

Thats spoiled my plans somewhat. I’d planned on getting the Genesis Day 01 Alfine 11 which I’d need to top up by a fair bit, at that rate even the Genesis Day 01 Alfine 8 is over budget.

ads-b
    Free Member

A rather popular and well known bike shop in central london willingly took a halfords bike voucher for a £k and topped up by £500, gave a set of 1.5k carbon wheels for a friend of mine.

njee20
    Free Member

You were never technically allowed to, but a lot of shops either didn’t know, or were happy to do it anyway.

tomaso
    Free Member

Perhaps not Halfords and chains but independent shops may allow you to do this. I bought my Pitch with a top up on top of a maxxed out C2W voucher. I had to shop around to find out who had the bike I wanted and then if they’d play ball and do a deal. Don’t ask you don’t get 😈

lunge

Officially, no. But I paid a £100 on top on my purchase. The shop said they just put it though as a voucher fee.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Oh well might be possible then.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Can c2w scheme still be topped up?’ is closed to new replies.